Toronto Leslie Lookout Park | ?m | ?s | CreateTO

A friend ‘snuck’ in (and he wasn’t alone) this afternoon and snapped a few pics. The second pic is a heavily cropped image without revealing his image (Mitch Meredith), but I wanted to highlight the lovely dedication to Claude Cormier inside the viewing platform. ❤️

64d14551-b1b5-4181-9ddd-fcdd799f764a.jpeg

bb0b4c36-29c5-4497-a047-950a0e0e1f36.jpeg

Last edited:
The news release for today's opening:

From the above:

1726347441635.png

1726347478747.png

City of Toronto - Photo:

1726347556326.png

CP24 Photo:

1726347775192.png

My running crew ran over to the park from downtown this morning. What a great addition to the area. Never thought to look up when we were in the lookout...next time! The water fountain, bottle filler and the bike tools are much appreciated in that area too. Well worth the wait for this little gem of a park.

Looks nice - is there anything to do here for a kid?
There were lots of families at the park on Sunday, this is what I observed the kids doing:
  • Building castles etc. in the sand
  • Checking themselves out in the silly-mirror
  • Running around playing tag etc.
  • Checking out the tower
  • Splashing water everywhere
  • Having picnics with their folks
  • Jumping off the benches into the sand
  • Falling off the benches into the sand/onto the asphalt
And the thing that looked the most fun, and therefore the most dangerous: rolling down the grassy hills and nearly smashing their brains out on the wooden benches that have been placed at the bottom. I've named the steepest hill next to the stairs "Concussion Knoll".

Possibly around early December and mid-January? Close to the shortest day of the year? The sunset aligns with the street grid roughly at the end of October and middle of February, and the channel has a more southern orientation than the street grid.

Back