Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

April 07
New Views from Riverdale
7093657725_c1acd37ae5_b.jpg

6947503850_0bdfbef2f1_b.jpg

7093527825_c5116573aa_b.jpg

7093720083_792a4fd1bb_b.jpg

Ditto. And a stitched-together panorama from that location - taking in the view all the way up to the towers at Eglinton if possible - would be swell. It would show not only the visible contrast, between the increasingly vertical built form and the great horizontal swath of the ravine, but indicate the great invisible fact of our relentless street grid too. Looking south we'd see mostly the north east corners of the downtown towers, looking straight ahead we see the end-on sides of the towers at Yonge and College, and looking north we'd see the south east corners of the towers as all the buildings snap to the invisible, yet always sensed, street grid.

Have try a stitched-together panorama from the core to Eglinton and too thin with a weight of over 30m. Flickr only takes up to 20m.

I have a few shots from Riverdale not on site, as they are over 20m

Give it another 10 years, let alone 5 to see a major change in the skyline from what I have shot to date.

When I get my camera back in the next week or so after its 3rd repair in 9 months, will take my tripod with me and try a few different types of shots on a nice clear sunny day like April 07.

I like the
Scotia tower the best of the towers there.

There are a fair number of panorama shot up on site from April 07 from Riverdale.

Thanks for the photos, drum. It really is a wonderful view.

That stretch of sidewalk along the top of Riverview Park could use some beautification. Double or triple-widen the sidewalks, pave them with stone, install a few lovely viewing patios, and put in some well-designed street furniture for people to relax on and enjoy the view. It really is a special place in the city.

Every morning I am blessed with those views as I work at a school in the area. Really brings one to appreciate the fantastic city scape that is Toronto. Boxy or not boxy, I'm so over the hate. <3

That stretch of sidewalk along the top of Riverview Park could use some beautification. Double or triple-widen the sidewalks, pave them with stone, install a few lovely viewing patios, and put in some well-designed street furniture for people to relax on and enjoy the view. It really is a special place in the city.

I agree! I've always wondered why the city doesn't take advantage of this wonderful view. The sidewalks and upper grass area is in bad shape, so why not do a major redo of the whole top of that park. Too bad we don't have any nice restaurants overlooking that romantic view. It could be so nice.

The east side skyline view from Riverdale is also one of my favourites. Looks absolutely stunning in the summer with the trees fully green. Massey Tower should look great from this view.

I'd go even further and re-work the topography of the whole slope of the park. Fold it, fracture it, lift it, stretch it to create a beautiful and complex viewing platform.

Last edited:
anyone have any news on the cladding? I heard they are having problems meeting the building codes? Can anyone confirm this?

something is definitely up with this building. they've put a few pieces of cladding up, and taken them down again more than once....

Back