Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

Something tells me they are using this angle for a reason so as to not show how the podium has changed. I for one have loved this tower since the beginning and it sure as hell beats large chunk of the mediocre projects that are going up and have gone up in this city. I'm just happy to see that it didn't die in the credit crunch.

Something tells me they are using this angle for a reason so as to not show how the podium has changed. I for one have loved this tower since the beginning and it sure as hell beats large chunk of the mediocre projects that are going up and have gone up in this city. I'm just happy to see that it didn't die in the credit crunch.

There's also a pretty solid case to be made that this is now the best view of the tower. It shows both the Sony Centre and low rise portion of the Tower on the east side.

^ The Sony Centre is the podium... and that's how it should be. While I loved the L Tower's original podium, I didn't like how it climbed on to the old O'Keefe.

I would have loved to see a lower curve, but the tower remains untouched and will definitely become an icon in this city. I was also afraid it was doomed to die in the credit crunch. It's incredible how it's reached this far only having lost the podium.

There were cheaper designs where the tower curved by using steps. Imagine a tower built out of lego. That's what we could have got. Be happy that the swooping curve to a point tower survived the cuts.

^ Pretty much the same as it was before. I would argue that the view from the south is the most attractive view of this tower. I cropped off the boot in this render and this is very close to what we're getting with a green living wall further off to the left of the image:

ltowerdaycropped.jpg

So people really like this?

Hahahaa That's what I keep saying to myself when I review all the renders. LOL

The only thing I liked about the original render was the foot part of the boot. Even though it was over-the-top and silly, it was destined to be one of the most photographed tourist spots. I never liked the tower portion at all. Now that's all we have.

The tower always reminded me of a giant toggle switch. :p

I commend the effort to try something new and different, I really do, but this just feels like it's trying too hard... I sincerely hope I'm wrong, I always find it hard to picture the finished product from the rendering. If it works well with the O'keefe and meets the surrounding streets well and still manages to offer something unique that is well executed then I'm happy.

I always find it hard to picture the finished product from the rendering.
I agree with this very much - I also find myself quite surprised by the reality after a building is completed, and so I don't usually make really strong judgements about a building until it is complete. As Mike often points out, renderings are always approximate anyways and a design develops as construction occurs - and superfluous elements are often eliminated.

is it just me or does anyone else have a feeling that the white stripes on the front of the building will not be in the completed design. Beautiful tower though......is excavation underway? whats happining on site.

anyone want to start guessing how the cheapening will affect this building?

Back