Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

The 'L' in a different location would be exciting, I would agree, but here it just doesn't work for me. I'd rather see a thoughtful rethinking of the design than lazy tinkering with the older one.

which is exactly what the 'new' L Tower is right now ... hence the current design is ugly :mad:

I think the debate over whether the design of the L Tower works well with the Sony centre or not is one of subjective personal taste, and is a different debate than the one I was weighing in on, which was that fundamentally changing the dramatic design of a building should be considered a material change in itself and should allow dissatisfied buyers to get out of their deals. Whether the new design is more or less aesthetically pleasing to a buyer is a personal choice to make but if a buyer does NOT like it, they should be able to get out.

sony1.jpg

That big Sony Centre sign is so cheap and ugly. I guess it just reflects the name change.
Sigh....
Yes, I know Hummingbird was also a company name, but at least it sounded poetic and appropriate for a performing arts centre.
Same with the Four Seasons Centre, it sounds good, and their logo is tasteful and doesn't look corporate at all, if you know what I mean.

That big Sony Centre sign is so cheap and ugly. I guess it just reflects the name change.
Sigh....
Yes, I know Hummingbird was also a company name, but at least it sounded poetic and appropriate for a performing arts centre.
Same with the Four Seasons Centre, it sounds good, and their logo is tasteful and doesn't look corporate at all, if you know what I mean.

Yes, Hummingbird worked, it was a perfectly artistic-sounding name with a very elegant logo.

Four Seasons, what to say? Vivaldi's most famous piece, and an integral ballet at the COC - perfect fit for it.

should i buy this L tower from the original buyer? should i take over it at the original price? there is a buyer want to sell it to me at the original price, he just want his deposit back. he brought this unit 2 years ago. thanks

should i buy this L tower from the original buyer? should i take over it at the original price? there is a buyer want to sell it to me at the original price, he just want his deposit back. he brought this unit 2 years ago. thanks

This a joke?
I don't understand. Whats the problem?
Of course you take it over if this fool simply wants his money out of it and nothing else. Where is your risk?
Are you afraid it's value will fall under its original price? So what. Congratulations. You just trimmed 2 years off the waiting time of when you break even. ( it will be at least 4 years to delivery if they start tomorrow. Think about that.)
If they cancel the whole project you get the deposits back and your money was not tied up for 2 years.
One more bit of advice. Next time you have a question like this, go to the Real Estate section of this forum. Send me your address so I can send you my consultation fee.

Back