Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

You'd think by reading the last page the world has ended : - )

How about we wait until we see a details redesign before jumping to such harsh conclusions. I agree this is pretty bad ... really bad! but the world is still spinning last time I checked and we have many other projects to look forward to.

Wait and see please...

We have some creative people behind this project, I'm sure they can still give us something unique and interesting.

the saddest and blackest decision ever for Toronto.....:(

Yeah, it's right up there with demolishing Toronto street and most of Cabbagetown to make way for St. Jamestown. Oh, wait, no it's not. It's the inevitable removal of a useless cultural component from a project that saves Peter Dickinson's O'Keefe centre from being mounted and rode upon like a Mofo. It retains the visual interest of the Libeskind tower while preserving the integrity of Dickinson's original design. What a terrible day for this city!

you and I will have to agree to disagree..

that is all. :cool:

I'm with Mr. Hipster on this one.

Although I think the previous design would have complemented the design of the tower better I think this is better for the community overall.

Moreover even if you don't agree ... "a terrible travesty" give me a break.

Maybe they can black out a few rows of windows about ten or eleven floors up and the project can then be renamed the ! tower.

"So, where do you live now?"

"The ! tower."

"What?"

"The ! tower!"

"How do you pronounced that?"

"!!"

LOL :D good one Hydrogen (hey Castlepoint you should consider~)

Went from landmark to walmart.

and it rhymes ! totally agree with you

clearly opinions on the revised proposal have polarized, as yyzer said, we will all just have to "agree to disagree..."

Maybe they can black out a few rows of windows about ten or eleven floors up and the project can then be renamed the ! tower.

"So, where do you live now?"

"The ! tower."

"What?"

"The ! tower!"

"How do you pronounced that?"

"!!"

Haha...2 funny...

I'd also like to voice my disappointment with the project. It is an awesome "could've been". But whatever, I've got other things to worry about in these economic times.

This tower can still be spectacular. Granted the base is the part we loved the most, but Liebeskin can still redesign the base to be nothing short of amaizing. The crude rendering that was produced a few weeks back is far from what the final version will look like.

*SO* happy with this. The toe part was gross. It looked like some cheap 70s platform disco boot.

Back