Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

I have purchased a unit which is 3500 square feet in 88 Scott. I don't think something will be blocking my view anytime soon.

Depends what direction you're facing, with south exposure, L Tower and Backstage are all directly south of 88 Scott, Brookfield Place 3 could go up on the south west side, and some people speculate 33 Yonge (EDS building) could be built over. Hopefully the rest of The Market stays predominately low rise, it would be very out of character for that neighbourhood to keep adding skyscrapers.

the footprint is really getting tiny at the top! I wonder how wide the ledge will be at the very top (if any at all) considering this tower won't even have a formal roof.

has someone already clarified when we'll see the roof element start being assembled? (i'm guessing it'll be steel, much like the Ritz)
and ya, I really do like the balconies. a very nice touch indeed.

How long have you been looking for one. I purchased my unit months ago. Its only 3300 square feet. Me and my cousin are going to live there.

I'm not looking, but that 3300 square foot number seemed surprisingly large, so i went on the website and the largest I could find was a 2,900 square foot unit, with two floors. the penthouse units are mostly in the 1,600 square foot range.

oh , shyyt, sorry guys, just checked with my cousin. its part of the signature collection, 2900s quare feet 3 bedrooms, a den a library which i rlly wont be using and and a family room. sorry just forgot. the unit seems rlly small though. i wont be getting a a good view though. i'm going to be on the 20 floor. which rlly sucks. Pretty close to my university though.

HotStuff, are you for real? First you said you purchased a 3,500 sq. ft. condo in 88 Scott St. Then you said it was 3,300. Now you are saying it is 2,900, has "3 bedrooms, a den a library which i rlly wont be using and and a family room", yet "seems rlly small." You say it is "Pretty close to my university though." Presumably you are talking about Ryerson, as that's the only university remotely near to King/Yonge. Are you a teacher? A student? Are you used to enormous spaces, because 2,900 square feet is a good sized two-story house, never mind a condo. Esp. if it's just you and your cousin living there, as you say.

They will put on all the window glass by Christmas. Does anyone know if those white strips will lit up? I was asking a construction
worker earlier, he said there hasn't been much talk about it

If you're referring to the light coloured glass panels that give the scattered pattern on the tower, no they will not light up. That would look tacky and cause an obstructed view of the city from nearby windows looking out at night when there's fog in the air.

HotStuff, are you for real? First you said you purchased a 3,500 sq. ft. condo in 88 Scott St. Then you said it was 3,300. Now you are saying it is 2,900, has "3 bedrooms, a den a library which i rlly wont be using and and a family room", yet "seems rlly small." You say it is "Pretty close to my university though." Presumably you are talking about Ryerson, as that's the only university remotely near to King/Yonge. Are you a teacher? A student? Are you used to enormous spaces, because 2,900 square feet is a good sized two-story house, never mind a condo. Esp. if it's just you and your cousin living there, as you say.

What if I told you not everything people say on the internet is true?

the footprint is really getting tiny at the top! I wonder how wide the ledge will be at the very top (if any at all) considering this tower won't even have a formal roof.

has someone already clarified when we'll see the roof element start being assembled? (i'm guessing it'll be steel, much like the Ritz)
and ya, I really do like the balconies. a very nice touch indeed.

The footprint at the top is noticeably small and there’s a lot to do in a very small space. I can’t give you detailed answers about what is left to do or how long it will take to do it but I’ll show you some pictures.

These are of formwork on the water tank at level 60. You will see structural steel going up from level 62 but there is a lot of complicated concrete work left to do first.

20121101_110820.jpg

20121101_113934.jpg

20121101_114140.jpg

20121102_111112.jpg

Steveve you must consider it an experience of a lifetime to have been in midtown during the biggest storm in the history of New York City. Not that it should evoke envy or anything like that but it is clearly historical. Sandy was a nasty girl.

This picture is from one of the anemometers on the L Tower crane. The maximum wind speed shown is what was displayed early Tuesday morning, just before the mechanical part of the meter disintegrated and blew into the lake.

20121031_073053.jpg

Please note; all readings shown are maximum over a period of days. Only the wind speed is relevant.

Last edited:

Back