Meaford Knight's Harbour | 18.29m | 5s | SkyDev | srm Architects

Collingwoodbuildinglover

Member Bio
Reaction score
New development on the Meaford waterfront bringing some much needed rental inventory can't wait to see it start
1000001934.png

Last edited:
Some towns have an issue with urban sprawl some towns have an issue with trying to create too much density meford has an issue with wanting to build a single building lived here for 6 months but I have been through town for over 20 years and I think they have built one subdivision in that entire time

New development on the Meaford waterfront bringing some much needed rental inventory can't wait to see it startView attachment 549227

Poorly conceived. I get that its Meaford and there will be parking, but that much surface parking next to a waterfront site is not reasonable.

The amount of space for public access to the water, and a view corridor to same seems poor; and the overall siting/massing unimaginative.

There are different ways to do this. Ideally, I'd prefer the parking underground, though a high water table may make that prohibitive.

But I would still hide it.

Lose the SFH/Town Homes here, arrange the first low/mid-rise layer, roughly in a V-formation, but with a gap at the corner that will provide an open view to the water.

Place the parking at-grade (if you must), but hide it under the first floor of the building, with residential entrances fronting the street so you don't see the parking.

Set two additional buildings (or one with large, arched gap) again in V-formation in the interior of the site.

Pull everything back from the water/park by an additional 10M

There, that's much better now.

Last edited:
@Northern Light I find it crazy just as I did when I read your explanation in the chat on the building and Barrie how it is you can explain something so well I can almost visualize what you're saying that would actually look extremely well in this property hoping to get over there in the next few days to grab a few pictures of what the site currently looks like as I have not had a chance to get out there I'm just trying to find some projects here in Meaford to contribute and not just look at the site all the time 🤣🤣🤣

@Northern Light I find it crazy just as I did when I read your explanation in the chat on the building and Barrie how it is you can explain something so well I can almost visualize what you're saying that would actually look extremely well in this property hoping to get over there in the next few days to grab a few pictures of what the site currently looks like as I have not had a chance to get out there I'm just trying to find some projects here in Meaford to contribute and not just look at the site all the time 🤣🤣🤣

I'm glad you're able to appreciate what I'm envisioning, TY for the compliment.

Back