Toronto King West Life Condominiums | ?m | 25s | Plaza | Gabriel Bodor

Could you take more pictures, you have a great view and its very exciting to see since I will be living there some day !!

The third crane is now being installed for King West Life. As of last night, the tower was up, but the boom was still to be installed. It looks like there is room for still more cranes at the site.

AHK

Hey Anne,

I should have more pictures to post by tomorrow. I will try and get them from a few different condo's again! I have friends all over the neighbourhood on my payroll :p

Here's a pic from today.

Attachments

• IMG-20101218-00346.jpg
    IMG-20101218-00346.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 274
With the amount of cars coming to this area they NEED to do something about the roads. It's already a disaster there especially during rush hour with cars parked on either side of the road. They also need that traffic light put in at Strachan and East Liberty. Within the next 3-4 years, LOTP, Liberty Place, LVT, Bliss, KWL, The Tower AND Liberty Market Lofts will all be occupied. That is a ridiculous amount of cars added to an area with only one main street running east-west. Does anyone know what the city has planned/approved??

http://www.toronto.ca/waterfront/front_extension.htm

Quote from the site:
Please note: Funding for Front Extension is no longer included in the waterfront revitalization program of Waterfront Toronto and there are no plans to proceed with the project. This information is provided for archival purposes only.

It has been canceled for a long time, I don't know of any other plans in the area currently being worked on... They 100% need to get rid of the street parking on East Liberty and create a legitimate 2 lane bi-directional road with a light at Strachan and East Liberty. If you try leave at 7-8am, you can have cars backed up from the corner all the way to Bliss and the Town homes...

I wonder how they are going to do this construction. I am guessing we will see 2 more cranes shortly and they will build all the garage at once since the whole building registers at the same time (planned for Nov 2013). this would appear to be the first garage floor for the most easterly of the 3 buildings.

They are almost finished the middle towers portion of the garage. They are working their way over from east to west. It's moving at a pretty steady pace now.

I wonder if we could get a picture when you get a chance dc01231. When you say they are working over East to West, have they done more than 1 level of garage or are they at the East virtually to ground level. I believe there are 3 or 4 garage levels.

As well, I would think they would have to install a crane or 2 to do the garage for the 3rd building since the first 2 cranes are over the East tower, the middle one over the mid tower and nothing at the West end of the lot for the 3rd tower

When I walked by a few weeks back, I looked in and it appeared that they had 2-3 levels of parking completed from the east tower. They have now moved onto the middle tower and I would assume that its a few levels deep. I will try and take some more pictures soon.

Here is a pic from today. You can see how deep the parking garage is. 3 levels so far.

Attachments

• IMG00117-20110125-1416.jpg
    IMG00117-20110125-1416.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 215

Back