Toronto King Adelaide Centre | 51.95m | 12s | YAD | KFA

View attachment 535251

Toybox is closing!! Just saw this on their IG story. I've had some fun memories there.
They look to either come back after the construction or relocating as they say "Bye for now" in their post.
Only went there once, for Pete Tong, back when it was still UNIUN. Boy, does 2016 ever seem so long ago now...

From last September....

Also in this building is the former the former Lee Valley tools premises. Apparently, the lease signed by Greta in June for this space - 13,200 square feet - was the largest retail space lease done during the month of June.

Greta has combination restaurant and entertainment venues in Calgary, Edmonton, and Vancouver.

https://www.gretabar.com​

Well, while the Toy Box may be gone, and the project for development of the King Adelaide Centre itself appears, to be charitable, dormant at best, Greta is working towards its opening. Job Fair today, with quite the lineup.

1000003663.jpg

1000003664.jpg

20240309_164303.jpg

Wonder why they closed as there is no movement on the King adelaide project..I'm guessing rent hike?
95% sure they're just rebranding. Same as when Uniun became Toybox and they just changed the lights. Ink is still booking shows at the venue starting in May.

Wonder why they closed as there is no movement on the King adelaide project..I'm guessing rent hike?

95% sure they're just rebranding. Same as when Uniun became Toybox and they just changed the lights. Ink is still booking shows at the venue starting in May.

I found out they are in fact just rebranding. I can't re-find the new name, but I think I saw something like "Dpartment". Also, heard through the grapevine Cabana Pool Bar is getting a refresh too.

Back