Karma Condos | 165.80m | 50s | Lifetime | architectsAlliance

isaidso

Member Bio
Reaction score
Definitely, your photo gives a great perspective on where this will be. Along with 460 Yonge, this area is going to have a fairly thick cluster.
I'm more looking forward to 460 Yonge as the it will add to the Yonge Street apron and its design is a departure from the non-descript 'temporary' looking glass towers inundating the core. 460 promises to have a permanence and solidity absent from so many buildings constructed these days. That said, Karma is a welcomed addition.

Last edited:

someMidTowner

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
It looks so sketchy to me but it is still probably over-engineered in reality. Thanks for the update RC1

AlvinofDiaspar

Member Bio
Reaction score
Thanks RC1 - Impressive - would love to see how the supporting columns get tied into the parking structure.

I'm more looking forward to 460 Yonge as the it will add to the Yonge Street apron and its design is a departure from the non-descript 'temporary' looking glass towers inundating the core. 460 promises to have a permanence and solidity absent from so many buildings constructed these days. That said, Karma is a welcomed addition.
You do realize that the current design for 460 is pretty much a glass clad tower with a rectilinear form and a bit of balcony flourishes in line with various aA projects right? That, and the firm in question has a questionable history of execution (where "permanaence" and "solidity" is anything but) leads one to question whether the final product will match the already low expectations.

AoD

DarkSideDenizen

Member Bio
Reaction score
Thanks matted.

They used the same construction technique in supporting the parking ramp during early stages of the Aura build.

DarkSideDenizen

Member Bio
Reaction score
HaHaHa! Now that would be a neat trick! I know a few other things that I'd like you to make disappear. ;)

Last edited:

someMidTowner

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Wait what!? I thought it looked precarious before, and now it is just floating there? This stuff never ceases to amaze me.