Toronto KüL Condos | 41.81m | 12s | Equiton | Icon

ferusian

Member Bio
Reaction score
875 THE QUEENSWAY
Ward 3: Etobicoke-Lakeshore

Development Applications

Project description:
Proposed mixed-use development comprised of a 14-storey mixed-use building, with 183 residential units and 185 square metres of commercial floor area at grade, with three levels of below grade parking consisting of 159 parking spaces.

This development site is a former car wash:

1610006083705.png

It's nice to see some splashes of colour. A few months ago, KFA had posted a few colour studies for this project on their Instagram:

View attachment 295643
View attachment 295644
View attachment 295645
View attachment 295646

Original Post @kfarchitects_planners

Ok, I'm pro-colour.............but the pink-green and orange-turqouise combos are not appealing (to me, anyway)

Can't say the yellow-purple does it for me either.............

Pick, one, or two, complimentary bold off-sets..........

Maybe the purple and a french-blue............

Or Burgandy, with Turquoise...........

That's just a bit much....

Redevelop everything 100 metres north of Queensway to 100 metres south of the Gardiner; tear down the latter; and replace it with an express, elevated LRT. Extend east to Kingston in a second phase and do the same redevelopment thing. Boom. Massive transit oriented midrise density in downtown shoulder areas. Wait, this is not the fantasy thread. I'll show myself out.

Today, with 859 The Queensway rising just behind.

IMG_3926.jpg

Reactions: PMT
The new rendering has been updated in the database! The project information has also been updated it too. The overall building storey count changed from 14 storeys to 11 storeys. The total building height changed from 48.70m to 39.65m. The total unit count decreased from 183 units to 148 units. Finally, the total parking space count was reduced from 159 parking spaces to 130 parking spaces.

Down 35 units so The Queensway could have more sunlight...let the absurdity of that sink in.

LOL, PE............

The light isn't for the Queensway, it's for pedestrians, and cyclists and the living landscapes with trees and flowers.

Back