Toronto Junction Point | 27.6m | 8s | Gairloch | a—A

June 2
Been a year since I last visited the site and been on my do list to visit in that time frame as well another 50 or so.

To bad they couldn't get that building on the southside an example where the city should step in to allow it to happen than try to build around it like a fair number of other sites.
52947495644_323116cfcd_b.jpg

52947495824_a7bd651e2e_b.jpg

52947495794_c729ed1ed2_b.jpg

52946754132_d72491201e_b.jpg

52947353251_d6c3ba89c3_b.jpg

52947812858_8b7772d173_b.jpg

52947743135_c894196294_b.jpg

52947496164_4d06d3d0fd_b.jpg

52947449544_16b1700ed7_b.jpg

Love how this urbanizes the junction between the Junction and the Junction Triangle.

Now if only Gord Perks would do something about the tremendously dangerous and horribly designed and confusing Dupont/Annette/Dundas intersection and streetscape that will be getting more and more residents using it.

Maybe he needs another couple terms to get a study (that wont lead to meaningful changes) going. Hopefully there's no accidents, injuries, or deaths in the meanwhile. I'm routinely terrified of using this intersection and see people doing tremendously dangerous things as a result of its design. I invite Gord Perks to observe what goes on at this intersection and speak to the community and people in adjacent communities who use it.

It's really not good that Perks has been councillor for so long and continues to do nothing about these road safety things at incredibly badly designed and dangerous locations like this and Parkside. Even when pushed he doesn't do anything and comes first with excuses, let alone any initiative and urgency to make things safer. It really gives the impression that he does not care about road safety, pedestrians, and cyclists and the safety of people in his ward, but I invite him to prove otherwise. I don't think he believes that consciously but in practice that is the effect.

Absolutely terrible public realm and state of repair around here too — super hostile, deteriorating, bleak streetscape that is oppressive to traverse and makes crossing between these communities way more of a barrier. I know the city's been under austerity budgets but councillors can make an impact on these things if they bring focus and leadership. Hopefully Chow and progressives in the drivers seat again can bring Perks along for the ride and get some things going in his ward.

Love the building and with Junction House nearby too and maybe a future flatiron on the corner and other sites for buildings as well this area could be soon transformed.

Last edited:
Love how this urbanizes the junction between the Junction and the Junction Triangle.

Now if only Gord Perks would do something about the tremendously dangerous and horribly designed and confusing Dupont/Annette/Dundas intersection and streetscape that will be getting more and more residents using it.

Maybe he needs another couple terms to get a study (that wont lead to meaningful changes) going. Hopefully there's no accidents, injuries, or deaths in the meanwhile. I'm routinely terrified of using this intersection and see people doing tremendously dangerous things as a result of its design. I invite Gord Perks to observe what goes on at this intersection and speak to the community and people in adjacent communities who use it.

It's really not good that Perks has been councillor for so long and continues to do nothing about these road safety things at incredibly badly designed and dangerous locations like this and Parkside. Even when pushed he doesn't do anything and comes first with excuses, let alone any initiative and urgency to make things safer. It really gives the impression that he does not care about road safety, pedestrians, and cyclists and the safety of people in his ward, but I invite him to prove otherwise. I don't think he believes that consciously but in practice that is the effect.

Absolutely terrible public realm and state of repair around here too — super hostile, deteriorating, bleak streetscape that is oppressive to traverse and makes crossing between these communities way more of a barrier. I know the city's been under austerity budgets but councillors can make an impact on these things if they bring focus and leadership. Hopefully Chow and progressives in the drivers seat again can bring Perks along for the ride and get some things going in his ward.

Love the building and with Junction House nearby too and maybe a future flatiron on the corner and other sites for buildings as well this area could be soon transformed.
Perks is really, really bad on road safety issues. He also promised to limit his time on Council to 2 terms (8 years) yet has been in office for 17 years and counting. His pitch is that Council needs experienced hands like him to steer the ship, and yet he can’t get basics done in his own ward. He deserves to be turfed.

Perks is really, really bad on road safety issues. He also promised to limit his time on Council to 2 terms (8 years) yet has been in office for 17 years and counting. His pitch is that Council needs experienced hands like him to steer the ship, and yet he can’t get basics done in his own ward. He deserves to be turfed.

He's bad on housing, too, where his most familiar public refrain is "I've never voted against a housing motion on the floor of Council", which is a pathetically low bar for a so-called progressive.

Back