Toronto Jane-Finch Community Hub and Centre for the Arts | ?m | 2s | City of Toronto | Workshop

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
I think there were discussions about this in TTC project threads but I couldn't find anything dedicated for it yet. Mods, please feel free to move and merge if necessary.

An article from April 29, 2021:

jnf.jpg
jnf2.jpg
jnf3.jpg
jnf4.jpg

I think there were discussions about this in TTC project threads but I couldn't find anything dedicated for it yet. Mods, please feel free to move and merge if necessary.

An article from April 29, 2021:

View attachment 329661View attachment 329662View attachment 329663View attachment 329664

Looks decent.

Sorry but this is just looking like an immense waste of opportunity as it currently stands. I'm sure there are at least a half dozen additional services that could be included on this site which the community is also sorely lacking.

This is not looking like the "hub" that a lot of people were expecting.

lol surface parking and a single storey building along an LRT? Why can't an affordable housing component be integrated on top of this?
Agreed, they should make it part of the City's HOUSING NOW program - and create something like the DANIEL'S SPECTRUM site in Regent Park on the "Jane and Finch Community Hub and Centre for the Arts" lands.

Leverage the land for new Housing above a large Arts space.

LINK - https://danielsspectrum.ca

1624405864418.png

Do we have a potential floor plate/area on this one?
As requested by the General Government and Licensing Committee, the following outlines additional details with respect to the proposed acquisition of 2050 Finch
Avenue West.

The Subject Property: Approximate Size

The property fronts York Gate Boulevard with a dimension of 250 meters by 32 meters (887 feet by 104 feet) and area of 0.8 hectares (1.98 acres). This figure corrects an error in the Subject Property area noted in the April 12, 2021 report from the Executive Director, Corporate Real Estate Management.

No Land Assembly

The subject property is part of a single property parcel, denoted as PIN 10287-0637 in Attachment 1. The part to be transferred is to the City is shown as the hatched area in Attachment 1.

Timing of the Transfer

The anticipated closing of the transaction is the fourth quarter of 2021, upon which the City will enter into an agreement with Metrolinx to grant them a temporary easement on the Subject Property, allowing them to continue to use the Subject Property to finish construction of their adjacent Maintenance and Storage Facility ("M.S.F."). The agreement will formally end on December 31, 2026, but is expected to terminate upon completion of the M.S.F., which is anticipated to be in 2023. Furthermore, Metrolinx has three (3) rights of extension, each extension being no longer than one (1) year each, to accommodate any delays that may arise during construction.

(April 29, 2021) Supplementary report from the Executive Director, Corporate Real Estate Management on 2050 Finch Avenue West - City Acquisition of Property from Metrolinx for Development of Community Hub and Centre for the Arts (GL22.10a)

1624413726783.png

As requested by the General Government and Licensing Committee, the following outlines additional details with respect to the proposed acquisition of 2050 Finch
Avenue West.

The Subject Property: Approximate Size

The property fronts York Gate Boulevard with a dimension of 250 meters by 32 meters (887 feet by 104 feet) and area of 0.8 hectares (1.98 acres). This figure corrects an error in the Subject Property area noted in the April 12, 2021 report from the Executive Director, Corporate Real Estate Management.

No Land Assembly

The subject property is part of a single property parcel, denoted as PIN 10287-0637 in Attachment 1. The part to be transferred is to the City is shown as the hatched area in Attachment 1.

Timing of the Transfer

The anticipated closing of the transaction is the fourth quarter of 2021, upon which the City will enter into an agreement with Metrolinx to grant them a temporary easement on the Subject Property, allowing them to continue to use the Subject Property to finish construction of their adjacent Maintenance and Storage Facility ("M.S.F."). The agreement will formally end on December 31, 2026, but is expected to terminate upon completion of the M.S.F., which is anticipated to be in 2023. Furthermore, Metrolinx has three (3) rights of extension, each extension being no longer than one (1) year each, to accommodate any delays that may arise during construction.

(April 29, 2021) Supplementary report from the Executive Director, Corporate Real Estate Management on 2050 Finch Avenue West - City Acquisition of Property from Metrolinx for Development of Community Hub and Centre for the Arts (GL22.10a)

View attachment 329805

Thanks!

While 32M deep would normally be considered a bit tight for residential, given the extraordinary 250M across, it would be quite workable in my judgement.

No reason you couldn't make it work.

This seems like a wasted opportunity: you could have housing on top, additional city functions, a library...

I'm usually anti-parking, but at 4 spots - I think it's fine. You need to accomodate service vehicles (cleaning, etc.) and I don't think that space is unreasonable.

Back