Toronto James Cooper Mansion | ?m | 32s | Tridel | Burka

Those bricks should help. We'll see when they get put up. As of right now though, I must agree, it doesn't do much to compliment the mansion.

Damn.. looks like the podium will be precast and red brick as some vain attempt to integrate the two structures.

May 10

Two dark towers

SHERBOURNEJamesCooperMansion2.jpg

SHERBOURNEJamesCooperMansion.jpg

Last edited:
I am gonna have to disagree, with above posts, in that I think we are lucky to save the entire mansion at all, considering how things work in this town regarding heritage. The relation btw the tower and mansion may not be good right now, but again lets wait and see. Its better also than getting a facade dealy again that doesn't work.

On another note, i was imagining in the above pics that rogers building being built as one tower instead of a series of short buildings, and thought, man that would have been an imposing structure; quite the serious hq visually. Then I thought, thankfully it wasn't as I don't really like the style that much....

I was thinking the same thing about Rogers... curious what its gross floor space is compared to other office towers. At a quick glance, adding up floor counts for the various nodes, it looks like it could have easily been a 70 storey tower.

What's with Tridel and their fascination with those opague panels?

Not sure I can answer that, but for art lovers at least there is a wall to hang your pictures. All the newer condos have no usable walls. They are all glass or sliding barn doors. Except for the one solid wall along one side of the living room that is full of kitchen!

Remember the good old days when you actually had a kitchen?

:D

Not sure I can answer that, but for art lovers at least there is a wall to hang your pictures. All the newer condos have no usable walls. They are all glass or sliding barn doors. Except for the one solid wall along one side of the living room that is full of kitchen!

Remember the good old days when you actually had a kitchen?

I understand the need for wall space. I'm just not sure why they couldn't add glass panels to create a more uniformed look. Something similar to the Met on Carlton.

but those panels are glass or the same (ignoring colour) as on the Met
IIRC, Rogers is around 700,000 square feet

June 5th Update

I'm liking the tower portion but I haven't warmed to the low-rise section yet, time will tell

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

From Sherbourne Street

From Linden Street

Back