Toronto INDX Condos | 178.6m | 54s | Lifetime | P + S / IBI

People are starting to post their units for rent on kijiji.

Pictures are sourced from kijiji and are of the 492 sq ft unit. Enjoy:

$_27.JPG

$_27.JPG

$_27.JPG

$_27.JPG

$_27.JPG

$_27.JPG

$_27.JPG

$_27.JPG

I think that interior is really poorly designed. How unfortunate.

From Nathan Philips Square, the balconies look unfinished because of the completely transparent glass. Wasn't the best choice.

Agreed. This tower turned out better than I expected, but the clear balconies are going to make this thing look quite messy from NPS.

The kitchen isn't very functional but, that's pretty much the standard nowadays.

Like the tower ... somewhat but, I'm not really a fan of the base at all. It's a little too bland for something that heavy. I wish they at least went for darker mullion caps. depends how they will finish (paint) the cornice. Some bright colours would make a difference.

Last edited:
As small apartments go it seems ok. What's wrong with it?
Sorry, I just saw this. Overlooking the real possibility that major rejigging of the interior could require a full redesign of the floor plate and thus the building itself, I think that layout suffers on a few fronts (many of which are quite common today, no doubt).

For one, I think galley-style kitchens are best used only in larger spaces, preferably where there is enough space to include an island that both separates the kitchen from the living space and allows for counter space etc. directly behind/in front of someone rather than just beside someone. This makes working in the kitchen more efficient, as you don't have to move laterally all the time to reach for things etc. It's also just nice to not feel like you're cooking and prepping directly beside your living space. In smaller spaces like this one, then, I think it's best to build a kitchen into a smaller enclave, like you see in most older apartments. This obviously runs against the 'open concept' fad of most condo layouts today, but it creates a more efficient space and even traps odours and kitchen mess better. Also, try not to locate the fridge in a place where there isn't directly adjacent counter space. When you're pulling things out of the fridge you should just be able to, without moving much if at all, place them down on the counter. Again, just smart efficiency.

It's also preferable to avoid creating a single long hallway right when you walk into a space. It creates the illusion that the space is smaller than it actually is, and also wastes square footage by dedicating too much space to merely moving from an entrance and to a living space. It's hard to put shelving, tables, storage etc. in hallways, so you lose all that potential efficiency to one purpose: walking from on place to another. That's just not thoughtful design, especially for small units like this where every square foot is at premium.

Placing the bedroom where it is is also a bad idea. I can't tell for sure, but I'm almost positive that this unit has windows only on the far wall by the end of the kitchen, so that means that bedroom, especially when its sliding door is closed, has no direct ventilation. To have no access to fresh air where we all spend around 1/3 of our lives is just thoughtless design. It's also better to move from entrance > to living > to sleeping, especially in smaller spaces. This allows you and guests to not feel as much like they're visiting your bedroom, and more like they're in a common space in your home and the bedroom is 'over there.'

Those are just a few of the things here. For what you're paying for square footage in this place, dropping some more coin on intelligent interior design would go a long way. This space just isn't intended to be livable for the longer term, which is maybe the point. But whatever--to me, make it right in the first place, Mike Holmes style.

Back