Toronto INDX Condos | 178.6m | 54s | Lifetime | P + S / IBI

Only about 5 units remain (from 798 total). This has got to be the fastest selling project in quite some time. I guess they will start digging in the spring.

I'm not surprised. INDX has done an excellent job in marketing this building. Very clever, witty and targeted the buyers/demographic to a tee.
Location is great without being in the thick of things, but still connected to the PATH. The building design is nothing spectacular, but it's not bad either. It has everything going for it.

I'm not surprised. INDX has done an excellent job in marketing this building. Very clever, witty and targeted the buyers/demographic to a tee.
Location is great without being in the thick of things, but still connected to the PATH. The building design is nothing spectacular, but it's not bad either. It has everything going for it.

+1

Just for full disclosure; I did purchase here

I've always been intrigued by this project! Glad to see it's selling well. If all goes well when should it be all finished? I am guessing 2015?

Lifetime & Centrecourt have hit a couple home runs - Karma was #1 selling project in 2011 and INDX will be the top selling project for 2012.

Application: Partial Permit Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 12 235082 FND 00 PP Accepted Date: Oct 17, 2012

Project: Mixed Use/Res w Non Res Partial Permit - Foundation

Description: Part Permit - Proposal to construct a 54 sty condo with ground floor commercial, 4 levels of below grade parking, and 798 residential units.

Location is good if you work in the core. Otherwise a big dead zone after hours.

This currently may be true, but the 794 units in this development will house approximately one thousand new residents. At some point, all this infusion of people from this development and others will breathe some night life into the area.

I'd love to know the ratio of investor driven demand versus owner occupied for this project because the floor plans are the most rediculos i've seen in any condo. Clearly a product of the condo bubble.

I'd love to know the ratio of investor driven demand versus owner occupied for this project because the floor plans are the most rediculos i've seen in any condo. Clearly a product of the condo bubble.

could you elaborate on your gripe

Isn't this one of the best selling projects in the GTA this year? Also, the rental vacancy rate in Toronto is among the lowest in North America. Further, there aren't many new rental buildings being constructed these days. Investors have stepped in and are providing rental opportunities to those that are not in a position to buy. Is there a problem with that? Please help me understand if my interpretation is wrong.

There is a certain group of people in Toronto that hate the condo bubble and have this unexplained deep hatred for development! I personally love what the this "condo" explosion has done to Toronto. It's transformed the city for the better.

There is a certain group of people in Toronto that hate the condo bubble and have this unexplained deep hatred for development! I personally love what the this "condo" explosion has done to Toronto. It's transformed the city for the better.
I think we just have a deep hatred for crappy development. 361 sq ft is not middle ground, it's just crazy. It hurts my head to think how they can keep shrinking units until they get broom closets. IMO if you want a home in this area that doesn't involve tripping over furniture, on a relative basis there's way better deals at Empire Plaza or The Metropole. And if money is no object at Ritz, Shangri-La or Trump.

Look at Tokyo. While toronto is certainly not Tokyo, in any way really, Tokyo's standard apartment size is around 250 square feet.

I think we just have a deep hatred for crappy development. 361 sq ft is not middle ground, it's just crazy. It hurts my head to think how they can keep shrinking units until they get broom closets. IMO if you want a home in this area that doesn't involve tripping over furniture, on a relative basis there's way better deals at Empire Plaza or The Metropole. And if money is no object at Ritz, Shangri-La or Trump.

American planners once vilified density and insisted that everyone truly desired to live in a big home on a large lot in the suburbs. It's scary how wide held a belief that was until people started to wake up and realize it was bullocks.

How does the size of the unit personally affect you to the point that you have a deep hatred for the building? It's not a matter of crappy development. On the contrary, this was one of the best selling condo developments in the GTA, so there is a market for this types of development.

New York City has a minimum size for new units in their zoning, but Mayor Bloomberg is in the process of reducing the size of new condo residences down to around 275-300 sqft

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-...design-for-micro-unit-apartment-building.html

Sorry if I'm coming off as being snooty, but I just truly do not understand how the unit size of this building equates to it being a crappy development and a net negative for the city.

Back