Toronto IMMIX | 131.06m | 38s | QuadReal | a—A

Doubt a consideration for a future PATH connection will be incorporated into the condo development. This is a just prelimary drawing. Hopefully, it improves as the project progress. Who knows what price point the developer is seeking. If it is up there with Five, etc. with equal lackluste interiors hope the market decides there are better products out there.

I wonder if the developer's cheapness on the design will translate into a cheapness of vision. Will there be potential for a PATH connection to this site in the future after the northwest corner of Yonge-College is redeveloped? It would be a shame if the College Park-Aura underground connections couldn't expand north.

On the contrary, with plans for retail one level below ground and three levels above, there's no reason to doubt that this would be connected to the PATH via the Atrium on Bay. It's to be expected.

Yah I can't find anything on YC Condos having an underground connection. The Starbucks in the corner is a problem for creating a connection I believe, but there should be ways around it. Canderel is behind YC Condos, Aura and Residences at College Park so I hope they see sense in connecting everything.

Lanterra's TeaHouse across the street at 501 Yonge Street can also be connected. (The Yonge subway veers east of Yonge after Alexander street allowing for a connection under Yonge)

edit: I forgot Karma Condos is also nearby on Grenville. Wonder if that will also have a PATH connection.

Last edited:
Yah I can't find anything on YC Condos having an underground connection. The Starbucks in the corner is a problem for creating a connection I believe, but there should be ways around it. Canderel is behind YC Condos, Aura and Residences at College Park so I hope they see sense in connecting everything.

Lanterra's TeaHouse across the street at 501 Yonge Street can also be connected. (The Yonge subway veers east of Yonge after Alexander street allowing for a connection under Yonge)

I don't see it happening - the College station mezzanine is south of the intersection and any PATH tunnel will have to travel a significant distance northward to get to YC, which then has to travel past the Macdonalds site before getting to 480 Yonge. Things are just as bad on the other side, with Courtyard Marriott in the way.

AoD

I don't see it happening - the College station mezzanine is south of the intersection and any PATH tunnel will have to travel a significant distance northward to get to YC, which then has to travel past the Macdonalds site before getting to 480 Yonge. Things are just as bad on the other side, with Courtyard Marriott in the way.

AoD

The YC site would certainly have to house a significant portion of new tunnel, that is for certain. It would also have to go around the heritage building at the corner where the Starbucks is located. It looks doable though, perhaps under the laneway next door.

480 Yonge might have to wait until the McDonalds site gets developed.

There will be no PATH connections to YC, Karma, or TeaHouse. We'll be lucky to get the PATH to connect between College and Dundas.

Flipping through the Staff Report it reminded me of the Eaton "grand proposal" to demolish Old City Hall in the 1960's for shopping and highrises, only saving the clock tower. Not to compare the near loss of Old City Hall to what is happening here, but it came to mind.

4-CityHall_Eatons2_1966.jpg

Attachments

• 4-CityHall_Eatons2_1966.jpg
    4-CityHall_Eatons2_1966.jpg
    465.3 KB · Views: 1,559
There will be no PATH connections to YC, Karma, or TeaHouse. We'll be lucky to get the PATH to connect between College and Dundas.

I wouldn't think there would be. I doubt they would build a major PATH extension just to connect condo buildings.

Last edited:
Flipping through the Staff Report it reminded me of the Eaton "grand proposal" to demolish Old City Hall in the 1960's for shopping and highrises, only saving the clock tower. Not to compare the near loss of Old City Hall to what is happening here, but it came to mind.

That image is heartbreaking. I'm glad this plan never came to fruition.

the podium looks better than expected. Curious about the tower portion though

Agreed, the materials are better than expected, but the perspective rendering is quite unrealistic - trying to draw the attention away from the tower and lengthen the Yonge facade, which is probably a lot narrower than portrayed. Realism please.

AoD

Corten steel... I know it's just a rendering but the weathering steel and overall look is pulling on my heart-strings so far. It's not what I expected from Quadrangle.

Back