Toronto id8 Downsview | ?m | ?s | Northcrest Developments | KPMB

Is it being dismantled?

DownsviewTwr_20Sep2024_600pxls.JPG

Interesting to see this will be a temporary (~ 5 year) location. Also, I'm sure with bother Rogers Centre and Rogers Stadium some people will go to the wrong venue

Wait until we find out that ROGERS has bought naming rights to all of GO Transit, and the TTC.

Lines will be ROGERS A, ROGERS B, ROGERS C, along with ROGERS 1, ROGERS 2 etc.

Each Station will also have ROGERS in the name.

On top of that , all restaurants are to be renamed ROGERS as well, in addition to all TV Networks/Channels and all Shopping Malls.

The image shows it in the middle of the runway. Are there any utilities there? There could be hundreds of port-a-potties?
I would have thought putting at the north end of the runway, closer to the Downsview Park GO Train/TTC subway station, would be better.
It looks like temporary stands on three sides with the stage on the other. I suppose it's better to have the flat area in the centre be on the already paved runways instead of grass that would turn into mud.
12-15 events a year attracting crowds of 50,000 sounds optimistic to me. It will probably be the festival type of things that have been at the "Festival Terrace" area in Downsview Park, and as I've said in the other thread about this stadium, a temporary venue when Budweiser Stage is supposedly going to be rebuilt.
Wait until we find out that ROGERS has bought naming rights to all of GO Transit, and the TTC.

On top of that , all restaurants are to be renamed ROGERS as well, in addition to all TV Networks/Channels and all Shopping Malls.
Marklar

Last edited:

To stay on the right side of history, it might be time for me to change my handle to "A Rogers Torontonian Now"

The image shows it in the middle of the runway. Are there any utilities there?

Not sure on full sewer, (sanitary), the runway will have stormwater drainage, and electricity (runway lights), and probably watermains to serve airport hydrants. I'm not positive that Downsview had those, but they are certainly common at airports for firefighting. They are usually flush w/the ground so as not to be an obstacle to a plane.

There are utilities that are close by in any event, without much in the way, you could run them overground, if desired.

Back