Toronto Hyatt House Downtown Toronto | 44.81m | 15s | Manga | Sweeny &Co

It could be developed as part of a redevelopment of or addition to the 174 Spadina though, I imagine? If they decided to redevelop their site or add on to the existing building.

The area could also be adapted in the future for different uses as well, such as a patio space for a restaurant or cafe if they adapted the building to support that kind of use, or an area for food trucks or a landscaped amenity space for the adjacent building. It will also maintain some visibility of the nice old warehouse architecture and windows of 174 Spadina, so all in all I don't mind having a small gap in the streetwall here.
True, this could be a lovely parkette or patio area, assuming that 174 is willing to part with their parking.

Any building with over 30 residential units needs a dedicated loading space in Toronto and that loading space requires vehicles to turn around on site - they can't pull in and back out onto the street.

Makes tight sites very challenging, unless you can do less than 30 units.

Honestly the remaining parking lot is so small it could probably be developed with a 29 unit building and still achieve a fairly reasonable density.

I also believe the adjacent lot is associated with the adjacent heritage building, any redevelopment would likely include the larger site with the heritage facade retained.

Site Plan Approval submitted for this one:

1640211961824.png

New renderings are updated in the database!

The two buildings remain at 15 & 15 storeys. The building's heights changed from 44. 81m & 44.00m to 44.81m & 41.45m. The total hotel unit count increased from 248 units to 250 units. Lastly, the total parking spaces changed from 30 parking to 31 parking.

The renderings are taken from the architectural plan via Site Plan Approval:

PLN - Architectural Plans - DEC 21  2021-205.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - DEC 21  2021-206.jpg

Bummer! I hoped for something that reflected the red brick buildings in the area. This is so grey and generic.

And all the trees are to be lost which breaks the line between the road and sidewalk which runs all the way up the west side of the avenue I think.
AmJ

Last edited:
Listed on Manga's website as "Hyatt House":

hyat.JPG

A bit behind their "late 2022" targeted start which was forecasted back in this June 2021 article (below). But still positive to see gears are in motion for this.

Back