Mississauga Hurontario-Main Line 10 LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

Its so nice to get home after a shorten holiday to hear this great news that we could see these cars in place of BBD cars. If we get these cars, will only need 2 cars in place of the plan 3 BBD cars and only need one on day one until the ridership demand the 2nd car.

The stay tune comment at the meeting for the line a few weeks ago are here.

Any construction changes having these cars in place of BBD cars will have to take place either before or during the tender process.

The irony, though, could be that a fear of delayed vehicles on one line (Crosstown) leads to a delay in moving forward on another line (Hurontario)......presumably the RFP documents were nearly ready to be issued (spring of 2017 only has about a month left)....so if they have to go back to the document to delete any mention of vehicle procurement then you may see the RFP not coming out until summer of 2017.....not a huge deal but, as i said, a bit ironic.

The irony, though, could be that a fear of delayed vehicles on one line (Crosstown) leads to a delay in moving forward on another line (Hurontario)......presumably the RFP documents were nearly ready to be issued (spring of 2017 only has about a month left)....so if they have to go back to the document to delete any mention of vehicle procurement then you may see the RFP not coming out until summer of 2017.....not a huge deal but, as i said, a bit ironic.
It can go out as plan with a note of changes coming relate to vehicles. Any changes related to vehicles or design work to allow for these cars would be done as a change order to the RFP and it happens almost for all tenders. Seen very few tenders over the years that has never seen a change order. You must note all change order numbers on your bid form.

Hurontario Light Rail Transit Spring Open Houses

May 23, 2017

The City of Mississauga and Metrolinx will host drop-in open house events with members of Mississauga City Council and Hurontario LRT (HuLRT) project staff. Mark your calendars and bring your questions to learn more about the project!

Ward 5 June 5, 2017
6-8 p.m.
Frank McKechnie Community Centre (map)
310 Bristol Rd. E.

Wards 4 & 7
June 6, 2017
6-8 p.m.
Mississauga Valley Community Centre (map)
1275 Mississauga Valley Blvd.

Ward 1
June 7, 2017
6-8 p.m.
Port Credit Arena (map)
40 Stavebank Rd. N.

Event Information

Use MiWay's Plan a Trip tool on any device at miway.ca/planatrip or call 905-615-INFO (4636) for customized route and schedule information.

If accessibility accommodations are required, please contact Catherine Monast at 905-615-3200 extension 5046 prior to the open house.
catherine.monast@mississauga.ca
TTY: 905-896-5151

Its so nice to get home after a shorten holiday to hear this great news that we could see these cars in place of BBD cars. If we get these cars, will only need 2 cars in place of the plan 3 BBD cars and only need one on day one until the ridership demand the 2nd car.
Not sure how such a gross mis-use of public funds is ever great news.

Not sure how such a gross mis-use of public funds is ever great news.
Ahhh!!! I really feel sorry for you since you are a true believer in BBD that can't do no wrong while a family runs it into the ground with people who have no idea how to run it in the first place. The management of BBD chose to go the cheap way and look what it got in return for doing it. If Boeing can prove its claim, bye bye BBD, but then what will be left of it come fall??

Metrolinx took the steps not exercise the options to the main contract like anyone other company can do since neither the Hurontario or Hamilton orders are part of the main contract in the first place.

As I stated before, Metrolinx is protecting its ass in case BBD doesn't live up to the main contract in the first place and will have cars for The Crosstown Line that will go into operation 2 years before Hurontario and 4 years for Hamilton. Since Alstom Contract has an option for more cars, easy to add Hurontario and Hamilton cars to it so they have cars when the lines open.

We will know by year end if BBD has a contract or not with Metrolinx and I sure hope they don't.

I warn TTC starting in 2005 many times that they were only asking for trouble putting all their eggs in one basket to the point they are not only smash, so are Metrolinx and Waterloo eggs. Then we got to thank Queen Park for that as well, since they want to protect Thunder Bay Jobs.

Here we are 7 days from June and where is TTC 4437 that supposed to be the 3rd car this month in TTC hands to the point another miss schedule again?? Where are Waterloo cars??

Have a good day

BBD that can't do no wrong while a family runs it into the ground with people who have no idea how to run it in the first place.
I agree that the family needs to go from the business. Thew biggest Mistake that the Walt Disney Company made after Walt and Roy died was to keep a family member at the ahead of the board.

As I stated before, Metrolinx is protecting its ass in case BBD doesn't live up to the main contract in the first place and will have cars for The Crosstown Line that will go into operation 2 years before Hurontario and 4 years for Hamilton. Since Alstom Contract has an option for more cars, easy to add Hurontario and Hamilton cars to it so they have cars when the lines open.
All I see this is waste of Taxpayer money, if they cancel the contract with Bombardier then they have to pay the fees. Metrolinx is behind schedule with the crosstown because of delays caused by Toronto city council but they don't want to say tah so they are looking for the easiest scapegoat they can find. It's just like how the stupid bridge at Pickering is behind schedule so lets fiore the contactor and make up some carp about them installing apart of it upside down.

Here we are 7 days from June and where is TTC 4437 that supposed to be the 3rd car this month in TTC hands to the point another miss schedule again?? Where are Waterloo cars??
Both are being delivered as they are ready to be lets let the TTC and Waterloo worry about it rather then posting about it every five minutes on message boards. I'm actually getting more tired of seeing endless post about the delays and the Toronto Star slamming Bombardier then i am about the delays to the Streetcars themselves. If Andy Byford says he is worried about the delivery schedule that's when I'll worry but so far he said at the last TTC board meeting that they are meeting their delivery schedule and he get in touch with the CEO at leat once a week.

Ahhh!!! I really feel sorry for you since you are a true believer in BBD that can't do no wrong while a family runs it into the ground with people who have no idea how to run it in the first place. The management of BBD chose to go the cheap way and look what it got in return for doing it. If Boeing can prove its claim, bye bye BBD, but then what will be left of it come fall??

Metrolinx took the steps not exercise the options to the main contract like anyone other company can do since neither the Hurontario or Hamilton orders are part of the main contract in the first place.
True - but the Sheppard East line and SRT conversion were - and the SRT takes a lot of cars. They already have too many cars ordered for Eglinton, Finch, Hurontario, and Hamilton.

So we solve that problem, by ordering more? That's waste. I don't care who makes them, I just don't see how this solves any issues, and only creates more.

And quite frankly, I think Finch in 2021, and Hurontario/Hamilton in 2022 is pretty optimistic ... I can't imagine there wont' be some slippage by the time it's tendered. If not outright cancelled by the next government.

Perhaps Ontario should convert the Ontario Place parking lot into storage for all these LRVs we won't need ...

If Boeing can prove its claim, bye bye BBD, but then what will be left of it come fall??

Boeing has a pretty weak case but given the consequences of letting Airbus slide through in a similar space unchallenged (narrow body passenger jets sold to US airlines), and they grew into a massive competitor. It's would be a surprise if Boeing didn't try this; any distraction to BBD is helpful to them.

Boeing has a really tough 30 year period coming up and they can't do anything about Comac.

Of course, this is all aerospace. BBD trains aren't going anywhere, though they might be manufactured by Siemens.

Hey, look. I found an updated map of the Hurontario LRT from Metrolinx with the original LRT alignment to Brampton GO Station.......
2u76mgg.png

Jks, this is just a fantasy map I made of what the Hurontario line should look like.
Like Brampton will ever get an LRT haha.

^Brampton is getting this LRT....whether they get around to approving/funding an extension of it to that GO station is very much in doubt...but 4 of the stops in the current, approved, plan are in Brampton.

Yes the LRT does go into Brampton, but only 2 out of 20 km of the project are in Brampton and it's on the edges of the city too. Either way, the plan as it is does not allow accessibility to most of the rest of Brampton, including its city centre.

Yes the LRT does go into Brampton, but only 2 out of 20 km of the project are in Brampton and it's on the edges of the city too. Either way, the plan as it is does not allow accessibility to most of the rest of Brampton, including its city centre.
I have news for you....even if it went to the Brampton GO, it would only be accessible to a very small portion of the population of Brampton....and I think, all the noise aside, that was it's biggest problem.....it just never garnered much public support....not because the majority were against...but the majority of the city's residents would never see it never mind use it....so the majority just didn't care.

I disagree, the extension further into Brampton will connect to a rail station, downtown centre, Queen street (eventual rapid transit throughway), and be closer to the population than the Gateway Terminal would be. It wasn't public support that canceled the LRT to Brampton GO, it was political infighting and indecision that caused this. The politicians having no consensus of where to route the LRT caused no LRT at all.

I have news for you....even if it went to the Brampton GO, it would only be accessible to a very small portion of the population of Brampton....and I think, all the noise aside, that was it's biggest problem.....it just never garnered much public support....not because the majority were against...but the majority of the city's residents would never see it never mind use it....so the majority just didn't care.

Guess it depends on how public support is defined and how it should factor into approval of a project. Also, shouldn't the existing transit users who use the corridor (and in increasing numbers with Zum over recent years) - who'd benefit from more efficient service - factor into the public support consideration? The corridor was part of a larger network plan and the LRT could have been extended further northward.

Many of the trips in all of the 905, not just Brampton, will generally be by car even with more transit. If public awareness and getting the majority of a municipality's residents to use a transit line are the bars set for transit to be approved, funded, and built, I question if anything would ever happen.

Back