Toronto Humbertown Redevelopment | ?m | 21s | First Capital | Kirkor Architects

Or, they can restore Humbertown to its original mid-century splendour

2011519-mall-1960s-unkown-location-s1464_fl0004_id0009.jpg
We were clients of Royal Trust. Loblaws, Royal Trust, Ko’s Gifts, Humbertown Travel, Laura Secord, Baskin Robbins, Shoppers. There was a fountain in this court when I was a kid. My brother and I used to ride our bikes around it. We’d play chicken no brakes on the Lambeth Hill down behind the mall.

Last edited:
Nov 11 2018. Two for lease signs on site. Edit: Did some digging and found 7 units on MLS for lease (all vacant) its advertised as short term office rentals between 12 and 36 months. Safe to assume nothing will happen for up to 3 years...
20181111_104126.jpg
20181111_104243.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 11 2018. Two for lease signs on site. Edit: Did some digging and found 7 units on MLS for lease (all vacant) its advertised as short term office rentals between 12 and 36 months. Safe to assume nothing will happen for up to 3 years...View attachment 163477View attachment 163478
…on the main site. I still we will see the Blue Barn site redeveloped sooner than that.

Sewers are currently being replaced/upgraded - a response to the failed sewer tests? Will this finally allow this project that was approved way back in 2014 to finally move forward??

I noticed that half of the plaza has been fenced off - demo imminent?? I assumed that the large parking lot along Royal York would be redeveloped first…

I wonder how long into the future it'll take until the actual mall proper is redeveloped?

it seems like it's going to be so far off into the future that the current mall is going to go through a renovation to extend its life first:
Update on Humbertown Development
Jan 2023 / Updates / By Editorial Team
Lately, we have only been hearing rumours about the near future of Humbertown Plaza. We contacted First Capital Realty (FCR) and now have a clear vision of their immediate plans.

FCR realizes that full completion of the new Humbertown development is still a ways in the future. In the meantime, the plaza needs to be upgraded for their tenants and for you, the shopper.

They are going to start with the enclosed South portion, from Alex Farms to the fountain area. New windows and materials on the exterior, enlarged skylights, reorganized retail spaces inside, and a new pedestrian link from Lambeth. Additional retailers will be introduced as well.

After speaking with many HVV residents, we have shared with First Capital our list of comments regarding what our residents would like to see introduced into the shopping centre. We are pleased that many of our goals are aligned and they will take into consideration our requests as they move through the renovation process.

There will be more upgrades to the rest of the plaza but FCR is currently focusing on the south section. They fully understand that HVV residents and retail merchants are the main stakeholders and they are trying to provide the best solution for us.

In 2019, the first phase of redevelopment started with the Edenbridge on the Kingsway condominium. The development plan is primarily residential with potential small retail. Occupancy is slated to begin in 2025.

Currently, other than the upcoming renovations and upgrades to the South Wing, there are no immediate plans for more demolition or building at Humbertown but that will likely change sometime in the future.

Last edited:
I noticed that half of the plaza has been fenced off - demo imminent?? I assumed that the large parking lot along Royal York would be redeveloped first…

Don't think so; there are no demo permits applied for under the main address.

The two most recent permits issued for the site are:

1688826149939.png

1688826332212.png

There is a permit under review, but it is not indicative of demo:

1688826264982.png

Back