Toronto Humber College Lakeshore Campus: Cultural Hub | 31.48m | 8s

Based on what I'm seeing in the AIC...............gone.

Renders reflect what @AlbertC has posted.

I'll post the summary changes shortly.
Thanks for updating that. But I want my round bits back though before I approve of this. :(

Last edited:
Humber's Lakeshore campus is clearly the outcast of the family. Asides from the restoration of the psychiatric buildings, every new building is beyond dull and uninspiring.

Humber College cultural hub unites a mix of steel, mass timber and concrete

October 1, 2021

Designed to achieve LEED Platinum and intended to offer a wide range of film, media and performance facilities, the Cultural Hub Complex under construction at Humber College’s Lakeshore campus in Toronto is being heralded by the college as a project that will transform the campus, “into a destination for arts and culture.”

It’s also a project with several challenges, not the least of which is a fast-paced schedule.

The first phase of this two-phase undertaking involves the construction of what might be described as a long, skinny structure that will house amenities such as a 150-seat music performance hall, a gymnasium, classrooms, faculty offices, a cafeteria, ensemble rooms, a 320-bed student residence and a dining hall that will be connected to an existing residence to the north via a steel bridge.

Construction started in the fall of 2020 and the Integrated Project Delivery (IPD) partners responsible for delivery have set a summer 2022 completion date.

Those partners include the college, Diamond Schmitt Architects, Entuitive Consulting Engineers, EllisDon, steel fabricator/erector M&G Steel Limited, mass timber fabricator Kalesnikoff, mass timber erector Brite Millwork Ltd. Inc. and concrete trade contractor Alliance Verdi.

--------
Construction of Phase 2, which includes facilities such as a large performance hall and film studios, will commence in late summer or early fall 2022 and be completed in the summer of 2024. It will most likely be a predominantly steel structure due to the long spans in the performance hall, the film studios and a number of other areas, says the architect.

humber.jpg

All of Humber College's recent building designs at the Lakeshore campus have been lacklustre. This one will just be joining that club.

Humber College cultural hub unites a mix of steel, mass timber and concrete

October 1, 2021

Designed to achieve LEED Platinum and intended to offer a wide range of film, media and performance facilities, the Cultural Hub Complex under construction at Humber College’s Lakeshore campus in Toronto is being heralded by the college as a project that will transform the campus, “into a destination for arts and culture.”

It’s also a project with several challenges, not the least of which is a fast-paced schedule.

The first phase of this two-phase undertaking involves the construction of what might be described as a long, skinny structure that will house amenities such as a 150-seat music performance hall, a gymnasium, classrooms, faculty offices, a cafeteria, ensemble rooms, a 320-bed student residence and a dining hall that will be connected to an existing residence to the north via a steel bridge.

Construction started in the fall of 2020 and the Integrated Project Delivery (IPD) partners responsible for delivery have set a summer 2022 completion date.

Those partners include the college, Diamond Schmitt Architects, Entuitive Consulting Engineers, EllisDon, steel fabricator/erector M&G Steel Limited, mass timber fabricator Kalesnikoff, mass timber erector Brite Millwork Ltd. Inc. and concrete trade contractor Alliance Verdi.

--------
Construction of Phase 2, which includes facilities such as a large performance hall and film studios, will commence in late summer or early fall 2022 and be completed in the summer of 2024. It will most likely be a predominantly steel structure due to the long spans in the performance hall, the film studios and a number of other areas, says the architect.

View attachment 352764

I'd missed that there's a PRISON going up here as well...

I took these shots last weekend. Toronto West Detention centre is visible above the end of the crane boom and just slightly to the left

DJI_0872e.jpg

DJI_0870ce.jpg

Back