Toronto Hullmark Centre | 167.94m | 45s | Tridel | Kirkor Architects

WOW!... thanks for the great news!... can't wait till some hoarding makes its way down to the site :)

i feel bad for the west view of Spring condos u/c in the photos... brand new building but the view will be dominated by Hullmark!

according to a staff member, the blockbuster stops renting movies on jan 3rd, and everything will just be for sale. And their last day is Jan 26th.

Off topic, but the facade on that Minto tower that's under construction in that photo really reminds me of the facade used on The Met and Encore.

Some bits of info from buzzbuzzhome (http://blog.buzzbuzzhome.com/2010/01/tridel-and-hullmark-announce-launch-of.html:

Matthew Slutsky
BuzzBuzzHome Corp
January 6, 2010

A signature office condominium is rising soon at the intersection of Yonge and Sheppard, featuring prestigious condo offices space.

Anyone looking to own their own office space, in the heart of North York, should be checking out this opportunity. Yes. Own. It is condo-office-space!

Anyone who reads the BuzzBuzzHome Blog knows that I hate going North of Eglinton (actually, going North of Bloor is a bit far for me!), however the Hullmark Corporate Centre is conveniently located on a major transportation hub, with direct underground access to both the Yonge and Sheppard subway lines. Nearby Highway 401 also makes this urban business centre easily accessible by car, and the underground parking garage features elevator access to the office floors, lobby and subway. Sounds good, and would make for an easy commute via the TTC from my Bay and Dundas condo. Too bad the TTC Fare increase makes it more economical to drive!

A total of 198 offices will be available in Hullmark Corporate Centre, ranging in size from approximately 600 square feet (net) to 1,100 square feet (net). The lobby is finished with natural wood and stone finishes, while modern touches such as a curved feature wall in the lobby set a refined sense of prestige that speaks of success.

Having an M.Sc in Environmental Sustainability, I always like to check out the environmental features of new buildings. Hullmark Corporate Centre is an energy-efficient and environmentally friendly business centre – a LEED® candidate registered with the Canada Green Building Council to pursue certification by the LEED® Green Building Rating System. Common areas will be finished with low volatile organic compound materials for improved indoor air quality, water-saving features will reduce potable water consumption by 20%-30% and an energy management system will help control and conserve utility usage.

If interested in this opportunity, don't miss out on the Grand Opening Event on Saturday January 23, 2010. The event takes place at the Hullmark Centre Presentation Centre, 4779 Yonge Street, on the southeast corner of Yonge and Sheppard. This is expected to be an extremely popular event; interested parties are encouraged to register at tridel.com or call 416-733-2883.

Just went shopping at the Metro. Noticeably losing stock now. Meat and fresh produce still coming in, but other shelves getting depleted. All greetings cards gone. Little shelves by the cahiers are empty. There are some "bargain bins" and I imagine they will become more plentiful. It's rather sad looking.

I'm excited that construction will soon begin. That ugly plaza and parking lot will certainly not be missed. Lets hope that in the new incarnation the retail and restaurant scene will improve greatly.

I went to their office at the Willowdale plaza and got a nice booklet that with the floor plans of offices. A sales rep told me that the offices will be strictly for professional use (doctors, lawyers, etc.). The office space sale will start on Jan 23 and they gave me a preview price list of available offices. The prices vary from $344,500 for 738 sq. ft to $681,500 for 1365 sq. ft (the largest on the list). The prices per sq. ft vary from $467 to $503 floors 2 to 6. The pamphlet contains a couple of new rendering of the centre; I will scan them later today. Oh, and according to the pamphlet gives, 2013 is a move-in year.

Whole Foods will give this node an uplift.

I can't wait!

I was over at Yonge/Shepherd the other day and i saw how all sorts of buildings basically surround the site!

It must be menacing to the plaza to have all these buildings looming around you!

Spring at Minto gardens is under construction and it really does fill in a gap in the skyline! the minto towers dominate the whole site!

Anyone know how long it will take for us to start digging (after demolishing the plaza)

I can't wait!
Anyone know how long it will take for us to start digging (after demolishing the plaza)

Construction is set to start in spring once all permits and approvals are in place. Looks like excavation alone will take the better part of a year. The site is very complex because of the direct indoor access to both subway lines and installing all the infrastructure. Once out of the ground it will probably take two years to complete both towers and office to start occupancy of the retail and lower levels. The shear number of drawings and the amount of planning is truly staggering.

Fortunately Tridel has gained considerable experience building towers simultaneously in the past couple of years: (Republic Yonge & Eglinton/North Toronto Collegiate Institute, Solaris at Metrogate and Avonshire).

I'll be posting pictures to UT as they become available.

Thanks! ^^^

It was so funny/nice to see all the stores in the plaza with "door closing" banners! it was a really cool sight!

Given that the Metro is (behind the Pomo front) the sister of the designated parabola at Vic Park + Ellesmere, it ought to make for interesting demolition photography...

Back