Toronto Hullmark Centre | 167.94m | 45s | Tridel | Kirkor Architects

Thanks for the info.
When is the estimated occupancy date for the towers?

Summer 2013 for the lower levels of the south tower, retail and commercial office. Because the Sheppard (north) tower is on top of the commercial office condominiums occupancy will be later. Firmer dates will be sent out to purchasers as construction progresses.

As mentioned in earlier posts, this is a very complex three acre site at a busy corner of the city being flanked on 2 sides by subway lines, water, electrical, communication and sewage which requires a tremendous amount of construction management and planning. Occupancy dates are going to be estimates at best.

Last edited:
Summer 2012 for the lower levels of the south tower, retail and commercial office. Because the Sheppard (north) tower is on top of the commercial office condominiums occupancy will be later. Firmer dates will be sent out to purchasers as construction progresses.

To build 4-5 storeys of underground, podium, and 30+ floors above iin 18 months..i may be wrong but i doubt it.

Feb 23 visit. Photos will be up on Flickr in a day or 2 if you don't like the video
[video=youtube;9fpYPNv8uoQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fpYPNv8uoQ[/video]

the video was cool drum ^^^
i'm guessing the circular area (north west corner) is parking right? i guess that's where it'll loop down the levels.

hellogb asked

What is the schedule for each of the two towers?
I'm a Minto Spring resident, and wondering how much longer I have a nice view for.

Depending on where your unit is located in Spring, you might still have a view. It appears to me from the site plan on the Tridel Website that at least the south half of the Spring building will have a view between the two towers of Hullmark.

hellogb asked

Depending on where your unit is located in Spring, you might still have a view. It appears to me from the site plan on the Tridel Website that at least the south half of the Spring building will have a view between the two towers of Hullmark.

I'm just on the north side of Spring.
I will be able to see between the two towers (I think all west-facing units will be able to), but right now the view is unobstructed. :eek:

the sidewalk on the south side between Yonge and 33-23 Sheppard is closed off to pedestrian.. Pedestrians have to walk all the way down to Doris to cross. It is not the regular hoarding walkway that you see across the city.. most pedestrians end up jay walking across the Sheppard Highway.. or walking along the fense. its super dangerous.. I wonder for how long they are allowed to keep the sidewalk this un-accessible at such a high traffic area!? ? Tridel any idea?

That sidewalk is CLOSED OFF and there are signs indicating that. If you have a problem with that you should talk to your local city councillor (John Filion). Better yet, if the tenant association at 23 & 33 Sheppard Avenue East speak with a united voice, the city will likely act faster. Or you could just wait until a pedestrian from 23 or 33 Sheppard Ave East gets run over jay walking there,... then the city might be forced to do something. (In one of the above photos, you can spot someone walking there illegally.)

Ideally, the city should close off the curb lane of eastbound Sheppard Avenue East so it can be used as a temporary sidewalk with those temporary cement guardrails/barriers protecting the pedestrians. Eastbound Sheppard at that point will have to be reduced from 3 lanes to 2 lanes,.... and since traffic there isn't terribly heavy,... one really have to wonder why that wasn't done by the city. Notice in the above 5 photos posted by cruzin4u,... we see 3 lanes of eastbound Sheppard Avenue East and see one eastbound car in all 5 photos,... but the westbound lanes are much busier,... especially the westbound to Southbound Yonge left turn lane, which is always packed.

The above conversation was from just before Christmas (post# 562, 564, 581, 583 & 588), about 2 months ago,.... and today, the city and Tridel are finally doing something about it.

The curb lane of eastbound Sheppard Avenue East has been closed off to traffic so it can be used as a temporary predestrian sidewalk with those temporary cement guardrails/barriers protecting the pedestrians. Also added bonus of having overhead hoarding to protect pedestrian. :) Seems that if you get the right people on board,... results wil happen. :)

Attachments

• IMG_2309.jpg
    IMG_2309.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 250
  • IMG_2323.jpg
    IMG_2323.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG_2324.jpg
    IMG_2324.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 258
Awesome, thanks for pointing that out sunnyray. I remember counting six or seven of those orange "Side walk closed..." signs between the lights at Doris and the construction hoarding advising westbound pedestrians of the situation. This averages ~ 1 sign every 15-20 metres. If someone doesn't see the sign, they would walk into one.

The above conversation was from just before Christmas (post# 562, 564, 581, 583 & 588), about 2 months ago,.... and today, the city and Tridel are finally doing something about it.

The curb lane of eastbound Sheppard Avenue East has been closed off to traffic so it can be used as a temporary predestrian sidewalk with those temporary cement guardrails/barriers protecting the pedestrians. Also added bonus of having overhead hoarding to protect pedestrian. :) Seems that if you get the right people on board,... results wil happen. :)

From the notice that the councillor posted in our building, you cannot turn left onto Sheppard now. Although I'll take that any day over jaywalking across the street. It's really dangerous during rush hour esp with snowy/icy roads.

Nice pic. So the camera is on top of the Spring? I'll have to look for it when I get home tonight. Couple of questions: What other tenants besides Whole Foods are coming to the site? Will there still be outside (public) subway access from Poyntz on the east side of yonge? Sorry if these have already been answered but I haven't read the entire thread.

Nice pic. So the camera is on top of the Spring? I'll have to look for it when I get home tonight. Couple of questions: What other tenants besides Whole Foods are coming to the site? Will there still be outside (public) subway access from Poyntz on the east side of yonge? Sorry if these have already been answered but I haven't read the entire thread.

I checked with Hullmark Coroporate Centre sales rep, Juliana Tsui, and the only confirmed retail for the moment is Whole Foods.

There is public access to both the Sheppard and Yonge subway lines. Residents and tenants will have indoor access to both lines.

The residential condominiums are now sold out with only a few office condominiums available in the Hullmark Corporate Centre.

I checked with Hullmark Coroporate Centre sales rep, Juliana Tsui, and the only confirmed retail for the moment is Whole Foods.

There is public access to both the Sheppard and Yonge subway lines. Residents and tenants will have indoor access to both lines.

The residential condominiums are now sold out with only a few office condominiums available in the Hullmark Corporate Centre.

The price listing for the corporate offices shows quite a bit ? But I guess that doesn't get adjusted as offices sell ? So according to your source there's very little available at this point?
Thanks!

Back