Toronto Hullmark Centre | 167.94m | 45s | Tridel | Kirkor Architects

Nice. such a HUGE project/complex underway. Residential Tower, Office Tower, and Massive podium for retail. crazy stuff.

Jivey's reference to the inside wall explains my question a week or two ago about the "pipes" jutting out diagonally from the main excavation.

These were used to attach the inside wall (I am sure there are others who can explain the engineering and the proper jargon for this).

Here's a cool site that I found posted on another thread. It explains a lot of what they are doing right now.

http://www.anchorshoring.com/content/view/34/39/

They're also the company that built the Yonge-Sheppard subway tunnels. Check out this photo from a while back. It explains the curvature on the north west side of the dig site.

projects-ttc-yonge-pic1.jpg

Does anyone know any of the companies subcontracted on this project?

that is WICKED COOL! ^^^ my goodness. subway construction has always been such a mystery to me... i am so noob.
i wonder how much you'll notice the subway passing by on a high floor.

Tridel Customer Care sent out a construction update to all purchasers. Here's an Excerpt:

"We're pleased to let you know that construction at Hullmark Corporate Centre is progressing well. Shoring and excavation are near completion and footing installations have begun. Construction of the first two TTC tunnel connections (the south tunnel) and installation of the construction crane are expected to begin this summer."

Purchasers should check their mail, email or login to MyTridelHome for this and other communications relating to their Tridel purchase.

I'm watching this one closely - it's one of my favourites. Great design. it will help define their "downtown" (Uptown).

I didn't know the Sheppard had a full Y connection to the Yonge line. I had always assumed they just built the one connection on the SE corner. Was the connection on the SW corner done in anticipation of an eventual westward extension of the Sheppard line?

Re the western extension--remember that originally Mel Lastman had pushed for a western extension of the Sheppard line as well as an eastern one.

The western line was halted because of costs and other political realities. There is infrastructure underground that was simply stopped.

There may be threads that touch on this in the Transportation forum.

Re the western extension--remember that originally Mel Lastman had pushed for a western extension of the Sheppard line as well as an eastern one.

The western line was halted because of costs and other political realities. There is infrastructure underground that was simply stopped.

There may be threads that touch on this in the Transportation forum.

It stops 2.5 blocks west of Yonge Street with crossovers and trail track storage, west of the station. The line still can be extented west either as a subway or be converted to an LRT, that can exit to the surface.

The Sheppard trains use these y daily at the start and stop of service.

great news on the crane installation! finally gonna see this hole filled followed by an intersection/area change!

Back