¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score

ADRM

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hahaha, take that Boston.

Heh. Normally, I'd of course much rather stay at the Royal York, but in this case, given the peculiar circumstances (I believe the notion is that the players won't be allowed to leave the hotel except to go travel to games/practices on the team bus), since the RY doesn't have any outdoor amenity space, I'd take the X and its rooftop pool/bar situation.

ADRM

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hotel X is ugly on the outside, not the inside.

Yeah, normally I'd be notionally opposed to its physical placement within an uninteresting sea of surface parking and conference venues, but that's not so much a thing when you're literally not allowed out the front door!

syn

Member Bio
Reaction score
Yeah, normally I'd be notionally opposed to its physical placement within an uninteresting sea of surface parking and conference venues, but that's not so much a thing when you're literally not allowed out the front door!

As far as preventing the spread of a virus goes, Hotel X is the perfect location.

bilked

Member Bio
Reaction score
since the RY doesn't have any outdoor amenity space, I'd take the X and its rooftop pool/bar situation.

Across from your division rivals sipping tiki drinks? Move over Bachelor in Paradise, we've found this season's hottest new reality show!

Automation Gallery

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score

Hmm?..yeah including a 2nd Tower

At its meeting of September 18, 2020 the Board received an information report on Hotel X Development - Phase 2 Lands, that the Tenant wishes to exercise its option rights for the 2nd tower and other related amenities after have they give formal written notice. The Board Decision resulted in the following adopted Motions:

Amare

Member Bio
Reaction score
Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse. Since when did they have an "option" to build a 2nd tower?

Also is there any way the entire Exhibition Board can be forcibly removed for allowing continued successive idiotic proposals to be built?

irishboy

Member Bio
Reaction score
Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse. Since when did they have an "option" to build a 2nd tower?

Also is there any way the entire Exhibition Board can be forcibly removed for allowing continued successive idiotic proposals to be built?

I'm not sure what criteria Boards use in their approval process but I agree that Hotel X should have been pushed harder to improve their design. Particularly given its prominent location on the waterfront. I've looked up The Ex's Board and it lists the following members. Not sure if this is an updated list (I suspect Karygiannis is no longer there) but it's probably mostly accurate. I know I will reach out to a few to remind them that architecture is a critical component of any buildings in this area.

Passing this along in case anyone knows/speaks to any other board members and feels the same.

• Councillor Joe Cressy.
  • Councillor Stephen Holyday.
  • Councillor Jim Karygiannis.
  • Peter Leon.
  • Howard Lichtman.
  • Paula Oliveira.
  • Councillor Anthony Perruzza.
  • Tess Romain.

milanista

Member Bio
Reaction score
As a penalty for the first building, can we have them be obligated to cover the cost of construction for the Ontario Line subway stop?
(but for the love of God do not let them be involved in any sort of design work)