News   Jul 26, 2024
 991     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 2.7K     2 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 2.5K     3 

Toronto Hotel scam bad tourism

Let me get this straight:

You were upset with the quality of the hostel you chose to stay at, so you got a room in a luxury hotel instead.

Something does not compute.

Anyway, www.tripadvisor.com. Learn it, love it, use it.

after all that it was $120 to stay at the dundas shit hotel, it was only $140 to stay at the 1 king west, 20 dollars difference, yet worlds apart, it was available close, and i knew it would be good, needed something quick ,

but yea i'll read the reviews next time for sure!

thanks for the link!,

its true you get what you pay for, but what we paid we should have gotten alot more, no matter how cheap a place is , it should always be clean for health reasons alone, legally no business is aloud to charge different rates to different people, they get away with it cause not enough people complain,or take action, its snakey for sure, but yea bigger chain hotels, with higher rates are more often reliable because they have a reputation to keep up.

Keep your eyes peeled to be sure you didn't bring bed bugs back home with you

I would stick to the known chains and also avoid anything with the word 'hostel'.

Unless--perhaps--it's affiliated with this (I hope).

(NB: their current Toronto location's at Church + Adelaide--dunno how that is. But as a matter of fact, I think they were once located, maybe some 15-20 years ago, at the present Dundas Square location--so its present status might be like the hostelling equivalent of a Cloney Time...)

Can't this place be shut down by the Ministry of Health for public sanitation reasons? You should definitely file a complaint with them and use those pictures as evidence.

They should also check whether the business is a money laundering front. There's no other reason why they will charge such fees for such bad service.

Back