Toronto Hospital For Sick Children: Patient Support Centre | 99.06m | 22s | Sick Kids | B+H

You're welcome.

And perhaps you could direct your inquiry to Enwave, the owner of the site.

But my suspicion, if, by 'build around it', you mean the stack itself; the stack is attached to a plant, which is unlikely to have been engineered to support new structure directly over top.

I would wonder that said structure might also impede the stack's proper operation; and would have to clear distances to adjacent buildings.

The plant is otherwise built around, excepting the Walton St. side.

On the off chance you simply meant dealing that that gruesome facade on Walton,; I'm sure that that could be re-clad and landscaped; but you'll have to persuade Enwave to find the $$.
Thanks. I meant perhaps the new build and the SickKids already there could have been taller than the stack Itself as you pointed out there’s a delta of -40 m!

June 20, 2020

20200620_091745.jpg
20200620_091759.jpg

I am so excited to see this redevelopment. My one niece had open heart surgery here in 2000 at 19 days old. (Scariest days of my life) She is 20 now. Had it not been for this hospital, and the amazing surgeons and nurses and support staff that work there. I donated a hundred dollars to my nieces fund raising campaign that she had on facebook. I always donate to Sick Kids and McMaster in Hamilton. The surgery she had was originally to be 6 different procedures. But a surgeon there researched how it could be done in one surgery. She was one of the first 20 babies who had the new surgery, and is basically in a clinical trial for life.

Back