News   May 06, 2024
 594     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 1.3K     1 

Toronto & Ho Chi Minh City in Co-operation Pact

Y

yyzer

Toronto & Ho Chi Minh City in Co-operation Pact

interesting, from the vietnamese newswire....(HCM City, formerly known as Saigon)

HCM City, Toronto ink cooperation deal
10:51' 15/02/2006 (GMT+7)

The signing ceremony.
VietNamNet – Mike Feldman, Vice Mayor of Toronto, Canada, leads a delegation to HCM City.

Toronto and HCM City signed a cooperation agreement on February 13, to enhance the exchange of experience between representatives in many fields, especially IT, biotechnology, and basic technology. Initially, the websites of the two cities will work as information centers for the flow of communication.

“This morning, from my room I saw the panorama of HCM City with green trees, landscape, and people which is quite similar to Toronto. My city has many Vietnamese-Canadians and they have contributed remarkably to Toronto,†Mr. Feldman said.

At the meeting, Chairman of HCM City People’s Committee Le Thanh Hai said that the cooperation agreement between the two cities will be a good opportunity for Vietnamese businesses to seek business relations with Toronto. He also said that HCM City hopes investors will pay attention to Vietnam’s hi-tech and service fields.

(Source: VNE)

Back