Toronto Gramercy Park Condos | ?m | 12s | Malibu Investments | P + S / IBI

Tuxedos and little black dresses were popular a little while back.

Oh, the joys of condo shmarketing.

Does anyone know what the building will actually look like?

Here is a rendering from the website, now that the grand opening is over.

gramercyparkmj0.jpg

The rendering of the building looks good, but besides being near Wilson station, the area is aesthetically horrible and very suburban.

The condo's will be located beside two busy highways (Allen & 401). Sure the Wilson station is nearby, but the access to it is under the highway bridge. Not very pedestrian friendly at all.

Overall, I'd say a nice condo, but an awful location. This lot would have been better as an office development rather than a condo.

^ I agree 100% about it being in the wrong location. From the renderings and write-ups i've seen, I really like this building. It belongs more in the King/Bathurst (or "Freedville"(forgot who came up with that term, sorry)).

phase 1 was a huge success...
phase 2 is already out..

Hey Guys:

Can anyone give me some background on the developer of Gramercy Park, Malibu? A friend is considering buying a unit at GP and I want to do a bit of recon for him.

I've seen ads etc. etc, but haven't heard much chatter the developer. Can anyone tell me if they're a good builder or not? Are they solid? Do they have a decent track record? Has anyone bought into their projects and been happy, sad, regretful or otherwise?

Any honest input of the non-snarky variety is appreciated

UN

based on what I read on UT threads ... Malibu seems to deliver condos:

(1) late ... which applies to Malibu + Boutique 1&2
(2) built quality is lower than expected

given they are not big experience developers (like Menkes, Daniels, Tridel), there 'possibly' are some concerns on how quickly the building will be registered when completed ... which affects your occupancy (rent paying) period

but perhaps purchasers from the builder can comment further

The rendering of the building looks good, but besides being near Wilson station, the area is aesthetically horrible and very suburban.

The condo's will be located beside two busy highways (Allen & 401). Sure the Wilson station is nearby, but the access to it is under the highway bridge. Not very pedestrian friendly at all.

Overall, I'd say a nice condo, but an awful location. This lot would have been better as an office development rather than a condo.

Funny you mention that - the city is mandating the developer (against their will) to build an office building at the site, adjacent to the condo.

Been there a few weekends ago... i actually like the renderings but there's nothing special about it... i dunno... I'm not a 100% sure but I think 'Phase 1' which is actually east half of the building was sold out...they are selling the west half of the building now aka "Phase 2"...
but like someone said above if they move this building to say King, Queen or Bloor I'd be all over it... :)

Pic of sales centre:
2950203273_254b06f291.jpg

Pics of surrounding area:
2950204939_75c95f02bc.jpg
2950204111_df4658b0fd.jpg

I tried to take a pic of the Wilson Station entrance, but too much glare from the sun. The entrance to Wilson Station is a little too dungeon-like. I did notice quite a few people exiting and entering though, and not just to and from the parking lot.

11 April 2009 photo update

On my way to (and from) Costco yesterday I snapped a few contextual shots of the wasteland this building will sit on:

Looking west towards the site with the subway stn in the background right (just out of this photo's range):

dsc00005flj.jpg

Looking east towards Bathurst Street:

dsc00017i.jpg

Gotta wonder if this condo will actually get built?

Back