Toronto GO Transit: Davenport Diamond Grade Separation | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

Wow.... overdesigned much for a simple access stairway?? i get the security part but this looks like it belongs in a supermax prison.... :rolleyes:
It's not just an access stairwell. There is a signal bungalow in there too, as well as protection for the installation of another bungalow for the future electrification control and monitoring systems.

Dan

IMG_9354.jpeg
IMG_9356.jpeg
IMG_9358.jpeg
IMG_9359.jpeg
IMG_9360.jpeg
IMG_9361.jpeg
IMG_9365.jpeg
IMG_9366.jpeg
IMG_9367.jpeg

Will be interesting to see how much people use the dog off-leash area. Campbell Park is pretty much a constant unofficial dog off leash area now. Will dog owners who already don't follow the rules choose to go in the narrow fenced-in area under the bridge, or will they continue to use the big field in the park where dogs can run more free and people can throw things long distances?

Not advocating for people to continue to have their dogs off-leash in the park — I'm not a dog person myself and I find the takeover of some parks by off-leash dogs and inconsiderate dog owners (and complete lack of bylaw enforcement even though they could go to many parks and start giving tickets basically any time any day) to be somewhat frustrating — but just thinking from a realistic perspective. Are people going to follow the rules and go under the bridge? Hopefully! This off-leash area I'm glad to see at least acknowledges the significant dog off-leash situation currently in the park and hopefully will reduce it at least.

Last edited:
Will be interesting to see how much people use the dog off-leash area. Campbell park is pretty much a constant unofficial dog off leash area now. Will dog owners who already don't follow the rules choose to go in the narrow fenced-in area under the bridge, or will they continue to use the big field in the park where dogs can run more free and people can throw things long distances?

Not advocating for people to continue to have their dogs off-leash in the park — I'm not a dog person myself and I find the takeover of some parks by off-leash dogs and inconsiderate dog owners (and complete lack of bylaw enforcement even though they could go to many parks and start giving tickets basically any time any day) to be somewhat frustrating — but just thinking from a realistic perspective. Are people going to follow the rules and go under the bridge? Hopefully! This off-leash area I'm glad to see at least acknowledges the significant dog off-leash situation currently in the park and hopefully will reduce it at least.
Sorauren Park has the same conditions you describe, despite also having a designated off-leash area. In my experience, it is not uncommon to see the off-leash area completely empty, and a dozen or more dogs running off leash elsewhere in the park. Moreover, some dog owners are quite aggressive when other park users complain to them, even when people are trying to use a sports field that they have a paid permit for.

Will be interesting to see how much people use the dog off-leash area. Campbell Park is pretty much a constant unofficial dog off leash area now. Will dog owners who already don't follow the rules choose to go in the narrow fenced-in area under the bridge, or will they continue to use the big field in the park where dogs can run more free and people can throw things long distances?

I think the best solution to this problem is to offer a "value-added" service for using the Dog-Off-Leash Area. They need to entice people to use it, otherwise, why even bother? One possible option is to put play structures for dogs that dog-owners would be excited to use (see below)
1700599482934.png

I think the best solution to this problem is to offer a "value-added" service for using the Dog-Off-Leash Area. They need to entice people to use it, otherwise, why even bother? One possible option is to put play structures for dogs that dog-owners would be excited to use (see below)
View attachment 522003

... as soon as one dog blows out there CCL on this equipment its a lawsuit waiting to happen.

... as soon as one dog blows out there CCL on this equipment its a lawsuit waiting to happen.
Good point. The municipality would face the same liability as with playgrounds. I find the image laughable.

We've had dogs all of our lives, large and small. There is no way I would let them loose in an unsupervised off-leash area. Too many people have an unrealistic view of their dog's discipline. Often, I find it reflects their own.

Will be interesting to see how much people use the dog off-leash area.
All I can envision is a train going overhead and all the dogs going bezerk. Literally lol'ing at the thought.

Trains have gone by at ground level for decades, and overhead since earlier this year already. I've never seen it affect any of the dogs hanging out there (mind you, they're generally not *directly* under the guideway).

Actually, thinking back to it, when I took the video of the very first train going over the guideway I was walking my own (leashed) dog, and there were a fair number of leashed and unleashed dogs running around Campbell Park. Only the humans seemed to care about the new train in the sky.

I was a little unsure if there was going to be a pedestrian bridge across Bloor to connect with the MUC on the east side of the tracks. Saw yesterday that they are installing a noise barrier so I guess the answer is yes.

Back