Toronto GO Transit: Davenport Diamond Grade Separation | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

Murray doesn't have to stop the TPAP. TPAPs don't build stuff, money does, and Metrolinx doesn't have money QP doesn't give them. If funding for the GS is released, the cabinet essentially approves the project.

oh good, I'm sure this will end well.

Screen shot 2016-01-29 at 1.30.57 PM.png

Link: http://www.insidetoronto.com/news-s...tal-assessment-for-rail-crossing-replacement/

“It’s become clear that Metrolinx is bent on taking shortcuts so we’ve concluded that the only way to find answers to our concerns is to utilize the talent within our community and dig those answers up ourselves,” he said.

Options for Davenport chair Laura Zeglen acknowledged that its grassroots EA is not going to be as technically thorough as the kind of report that Metrolinx could have produced given the group’s resources, yet she believes people are going to be surprised with what it comes up with.

Yes, I will be very surprised when their inevitable conclusion is that the tunnel is way better.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2016-01-29 at 1.30.57 PM.png
    Screen shot 2016-01-29 at 1.30.57 PM.png
    25.9 KB · Views: 855
Last edited:
oh good, I'm sure this will end well.

Yes, I will be very surprised when their inevitable conclusion is that the tunnel is way better.

From the article:

Options for Davenport chair Laura Zeglen acknowledged that its grassroots EA is not going to be as technically thorough as the kind of report that Metrolinx could have produced given the group’s resources, yet she believes people are going to be surprised with what it comes up with.

Yes, like this:

images

AoD

I also wonder where will they put the new GO station that the community wanted. Outer space would be a little far from the neighbourhood.

I hope that the TTC focuses on getting money to relocate the stations at Dundas West and Lansdowne so they are directly tied to the future lines. Doing both at the same time could reduce the amount of time the line has to close on weekends while this work is being done and then people will transfer to the rail lines to get downtown.

The community is trying to ask for the moon to try and stop this project. The city and TTC should look at it rationally and see how it can improve connections between the services and to provide better transit to the community. And that's not with stations that will have limited service since no one will use them.

I hope that the TTC focuses on getting money to relocate the stations at Dundas West and Lansdowne so they are directly tied to the future lines. Doing both at the same time could reduce the amount of time the line has to close on weekends while this work is being done and then people will transfer to the rail lines to get downtown.

The community is trying to ask for the moon to try and stop this project. The city and TTC should look at it rationally and see how it can improve connections between the services and to provide better transit to the community. And that's not with stations that will have limited service since no one will use them.
I'm not sure its realistic to think that the TTC will be relocating any stations.

Screen shot 2016-02-10 at 12.09.52 PM.png

And it will be determined that the tunnel is the superior option. Am I right?

Attachments

• Screen shot 2016-02-10 at 12.09.52 PM.png
    Screen shot 2016-02-10 at 12.09.52 PM.png
    24.5 KB · Views: 559

Back