Toronto GO Transit: Davenport Diamond Grade Separation | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

Cladding has started to go up. It’s…underwhelming…
View attachment 459469

It will all be tagged soon enough by the Junction tag clowns, so unless they install vines on them it doesnt really matter what they went with.

Which leads me to the question of why vines were not considered here?

Is there a protective coating still affixed to the panels that are more matte? The panels in the distance seem reflective enough, but the tint is a little grey. What do they call that colour... Memories of Concrete?

Is there a protective coating still affixed to the panels that are more matte? The panels in the distance seem reflective enough, but the tint is a little grey. What do they call that colour... Memories of Concrete?
You can see a protective shipping cover in one of the photos. The panels themselves appear to be matte.

LOL! Classic - Toronto's never gonna change.

It looks slightly better with the plastic wrap on. And, as someone strongly opposed to and frequently disgusted by graffiti, I actually look forward to seeing this crap get covered by it. Maybe I'll even pitch in myself!

It's a lot more matte than I'd expected. Also what's going on with the misaligned bottom edges?

Right? At first I thought the diffuse reflection of the clouds in the fourth and sixth pictures looked rather nice, then realized it was only on the panels that hadn't had their shipping film removed yet. :(

Fail.

I haven't seen this in-person yet, but I'm left wondering what the point of the panels is. It doesn't seem to improve the look, and if it ends up covering the bridge over Wallace it will look so much worse. Expensive pointless bling?

this is probably a result of value engineering due to the extreme inflation costs of materials. shiny finishes are always more expensive and this was the first to get cut. i would say there was intention to install as per renders but then 2021/22 came...

The whole idea of the panels was to have the bridge portion camouflage with the sky and early renders made the covering look reflective. Removal of the plan to have cladding would be value engineering... putting on cladding that barely looks different than the concrete it covers is just a waste of money.

The whole idea of the panels was to have the bridge portion camouflage with the sky and early renders made the covering look reflective. Removal of the plan to have cladding would be value engineering... putting on cladding that barely looks different than the concrete it covers is just a waste of money.
welll.. .certain finishes are much more expensive than others... removing the cladding all together would probably defeat the design intent so this was the compromise in order to cut costs if that was the reasoning.

When is the public realm under the elevated structure supposed to be finished. I have no clue exactly where this section of the city is but I would like to visit it once everything is finished. Seems like a cool place to walk and light one in the air lol

Back