Toronto GO Transit: Davenport Diamond Grade Separation | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

Screenshot_20221222_083414.jpg

Also "electrical and communications rooms".

The power and electrical room is the structure underneath the guideway - which was built a few weeks or more ago. The vertical part is mostly just a stairwell and conduit riser.

- Paul

View attachment 446768
Also "electrical and communications rooms".
The power and electrical room is the structure underneath the guideway - which was built a few weeks or more ago. The vertical part is mostly just a stairwell and conduit riser.

- Paul
Correct, those would be these cheap, disappointing, lumpen, afterthoughts:
As an aside, while I love this project, some things aren’t adding up. For example, the dollar-store cladding on these utility buildings is, as the kids say, sus.
View attachment 432625View attachment 432626

Correct, those would be these cheap, disappointing, lumpen, afterthoughts:

Yeah, if it were my project I would have clad that thing in red brick (or even red metal siding) so that it flowed visually from the buildings to the west on Antler.

But hey, at least it's not a random cluster of those silver CTC bungalows that get used in most places on railway corridors.

- Paul

First of all is the 6 months to full substantial completion or until first operations? They don't necessarily need 100% completion of everything to start running a train over it. Things like the noise wall or landscaping that is not life safety can be done after first run.

Also 6 months doesn't mean it can't be made up in some form. It will come down to the project management which hopefully are competent enough to find ways to recoup some time.

Then again the individual looks like just a worker and probably not part of the management staff or even a foreman. 6 months could very much could be just hearsay or a worst case scenario number that has traveled along the broken telephone line

The noise walls will be critical prior to any running, that was a flashpoint for nearby residents and I can't see Metrolinx risking negative testing / opening headlines because they rushed before completing noise mitigation. Besides, looks like they're making good progress from the pictures.

I'd agree landscaping (off-structure stuff) can wait, though I'm selfishly hoping it gets done in quick order, I can't wait to explore the trail!

^I’m betting the noisewalls on the east side don’t get done until after the first track is put in service - the reason being, they have been craning the wall panels into place. Much easier to do the east wall after the ground level track is out of service and the craning can be done from below with minimal interruption or encroachment on railway ops.

- Paul

Back