Toronto Galleria On The Park | 143.86m | 42s | Almadev | Hariri Pontarini

July 25, 2020

20200725_083627.jpg
20200725_083630.jpg
20200725_083654.jpg
20200725_083736.jpg
20200725_085935.jpg
20200725_085939.jpg

The original Gallerialands may be an enigma but will always hold a place in my heart. "Wallace" was the single word name that we grew up fervently calling the community centre in the area. That arched walkway is literally memory lane for me, that place was where I first learned how to swim and ice skate lol.

I've always liked that building. So I wish they kept that part in the overall scheme of things, as its design is far ahead of its time...and even our time, I dare say. But I guess that will be all academic now... /sigh

I've always liked that building. So I wish they kept that part in the overall scheme of things, as its design is far ahead of its time...and even our time, I dare say. But I guess that will be all academic now... /sigh

It just never worked in that context. The mall was more of a community centre than the actual community centre was. It ended up being an isolated space that people didn't spend more time than they had to in.

I have a feeling this development is going to have similar issues.

Last edited:
Love the scale and density, but man, that colour palette is bleak.

Toronto should redo its flag with Grey, Black, and Blue as the primary colours. That would be an accurate representation of what this city is pretty much turning into.

It's almost as predictable as the Hot Cross Buns song (which there could also be an aptly named version exclusively for Toronto named Grey, Black, Blue).

Just imagine how stunning this would be if we had some warm colour tones.

Back