News   Jul 31, 2024
 715     0 
News   Jul 31, 2024
 529     0 

toronto full of unfilled jobs

strength

Member Bio
Reaction score
can somebody tell me whats really going on in toronto. I keep looking at craigs list and seeing so many vacancies. yet it seems that everything is happening in the west of canada. Is the pay so poor that they cant find the workers or has everyone just moved out of toronto?

You can find jobs on craig's list?

Actually, depending on your field, there are lots of real jobs on craigslist. I've found a number of contract and freelance jobs in the media and tech categories over the past five or so years; in fact, next to "word of mouth" that's where I've found most of my work. Firms and individuals who want to find someone quickly with a minimal amount of BS use craigslist because the listings are instant and free, versus something like Workopolis that charges a lot of money. Yes, there are idiots and scammers on there, but the self-moderation works pretty well and most of the time the time-wasters are pretty obvious, so long as you use common sense.

As for strength's observations: I think it all depends on the field. In certain fields there are a shortage of people and hence high demand regardless of what the business headlines say any week. I think the types of jobs in the Western boom are in most part quite different from the in-demand jobs in the GTA.

Hey,

New comer to the site :) I've been reading, but this is first post. :eek:

I'm just wondering if you guys would know what are the best websites for finding jobs in Toronto in the areas of Finance and Banking etc. and what is the employment situation over there like at the moment in that area?

Thanks

My employer in Markham is having a heck of a time finding good talent. We've been started a bounty program, where if I refer an employee who stays 24 months I can get $1,000. We've had new potential hires who've lied on their resumes, faked having degrees, etc. who had to be tossed.

Someone should guide me in the right direction to these unfilled jobs. I'm in planning, and there doesn't seem to be too many vacancies (mostly senior planning positions).

My employer in Markham is having a heck of a time finding good talent. We've been started a bounty program, where if I refer an employee who stays 24 months I can get $1,000. We've had new potential hires who've lied on their resumes, faked having degrees, etc. who had to be tossed.

what type of career are you talking about?

Back