Toronto Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences Toronto | 203.9m | 52s | Lifetime | a—A

the official groundbreaking is next week....

Assignment Editors/News Directors/Real Estate Editors/Writers/City Editors:

Photo Op/News Media Advisory - Exclusive Ground Breaking Ceremony for Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences

Dazzling Circus Spectacle in Toronto's Yorkville

TORONTO, July 9 /CNW/ - Ground will be broken for the new, landmark Four
Seasons Hotel and Private Residences in Yorkville. Join us for an
extraordinary Ground Breaking ceremony where guests will be treated to an
exciting aerial performance by Circus Orange performers who will participate
in this memorable event. Celebratory refreshments prepared by Four Seasons
Hotel Toronto will be served.
Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences Toronto is located in the
exclusive Yorkville neighbourhood at the corner of Bay and Yorkville. The
project is a landmark mixed-use development featuring a spectacular Four
Seasons hotel and luxury condominiums. Residences will range in size from
1,000 to 9,000 square feet, with prices starting from $1.9 million.

<<
WHAT: FOUR SEASONS GROUND BREAKING CEREMONY

WHERE: FOUR SEASONS PRIVATE RESIDENCES TORONTO PRESENTATION GALLERY
50 Scollard Street
(East of Bay, North of Yorkville)
TORONTO
(Valet Parking)

WHEN: TUESDAY, JULY 15, 2008
6:00 - 8:00 pm
6:15 pm - Speeches in Presentation Gallery
6:30 pm - Live Outdoor Performance directly across Scollard Street

WHO: - City of Toronto Mayor David Miller
- Councillor Kyle Rae
- Isadore Sharp, Chairman and Founder, Four Seasons Hotels
- Alan Menkes, President, Menkes Developments Ltd.
- Brian Gluckstein, Gluckstein Design Planning
- Circus Orange Performers
- Over 250 VIP Guests
>>

- Over 250 VIP Guests
>>

If they mean to impress with that statistic, they'll have to provide the names for scrutiny. I'm willing to bet that most of those Verys would only rank as Somewhats, if that, on most observer's lists.

Or maybe VIP in this case stands for Very Important Purchaser, which I could understand.

This one seems to really have picked up speed lately. This one should be top notch.

I agree with you on that one, I bike past here every morning. Every morning it feels like there is more and more going on. This morning there were long lines of trucks enter and leaving. This is going to be a deep hole in no time.

If they mean to impress with that statistic, they'll have to provide the names for scrutiny. I'm willing to bet that most of those Verys would only rank as Somewhats, if that, on most observer's lists.

Or maybe VIP in this case stands for Very Important Purchaser, which I could understand.

Okay. Then how about 250 people with more money than you or I will ever have combined?

That's what I suspect...

I prefer Porter, direct to NYC. Weekly.:)

High end will never move to King or wherever you think it will... If you get moist by Fred Perry being on Queen, well Fred Perry is far from being high end... it's mid market euro chic.

The true luxury brands will forever be in Yorkville, that is where the money is, and will stay. Movie stars (who make the glam TIFF experience) won't be hanging out on King, but will stay in Yorkville, for that is where their hotels are, and their shopping.

I live in Yorkville and I work in King West, so I'm very familiar with both areas. I LOVE Yorkville. If what you mean by 'hip' is where hipsters go to party and get drunk, I am VERY happy that Yorkville is not a massive nightclub spot. Yorkville has great shopping, restaurants, theatres, nice outdoor space, grocery stores, GREAT shopping, lots of patios, and its right next to the Yonge/Bloor subway line which will take you anywhere. There are bars like Amber and the patios of Hemingways, the Pilot, etc are always packed in the summer. There are a lot of great 'backyard' type patios that are busy but sort of undiscovered and there is a great vibe. The people hanging out here, and who live in my condo, are all young, fashionable professionals that love the convenience and the fun of living here. I love shopping and hanging out on patios, during the day, and when I want to go clubbing, I'm happy to go elsewhere for that, and then return home to Yorkville. It's hilarious to say that TIFF is the only reason to like Yorkville. what a tourist thing to think. I work in film and TIFF, and I can tell you that the stars still stay and eat in Yorkville, but as much as that annual event is a fun thing, that has never even been on the list of why I live here, and I doubt anyone else that shops and eats or lives here 365 days a year think about TIFF at all except when it happens. I like the King West area fine, i'm there every single day during the week for work, so I am VERY familiar with what it has to offer. I would never leave Yorkville to live there, there are no real grocery stores, there are not nearly enough stores that I like in the area for a day-to-day browsing, and I just like the casual vibe in Yorkville, it doesn't feel as 'businessy' as King West does to me. Obviously I love my neighbourhood and to hear such a ridiculous generic and completely wrong-headed putdown of the area makes me mad. If you hate Yorkville so much, we're just as happy if you never come by.

^I thought you were about 20 years old==am I right?

30 years ago, Yorkville was a dump. Thirty years from now, the "mink mile" could be in Milton for all we know!

Before Yorkville, Toronto never had a lux shopping/eating area... It will be hard or impossible to steal its thunder. I agree with Riley, for all the reasons he listed, Yorkville is a very unique neighbourhood.

Back