Toronto Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences Toronto | 203.9m | 52s | Lifetime | a—A

Sales centre was packed when I got home. Limos, catering company, police directing traffic. Everyone was leaving in suits - very nicely dressed. All were holding large bags of what I assume was promotional material. From the outside the sales centre looks awesome. The landscaping that they did this past week is tremendous. They even paved another section of the driveway just this morning just to make the area look cleaner. Judging by what they did with the sales centre this place is going to sell very fast.

JG

this is how you go after the highend market,ritz did this also- even flying in their top chef and kpf for their opening.im sure shangri-la will have a lot of razzle dazzle too. i know its been soo long but does anyone remember trump
going to these lengths.im sure they would've sold more.

From the Post:

Mr. Clewes, the Montreal-native, who has also been commissioned to overhaul the Bloor Street shopping district, believes those buying into the Toronto real estate market are ready for unapologetic opulence.

Does anyone know anything about Clewes being commission to overhaul Bloor St?

gbelan:

That's the Brown + Storey scheme. I believe someone mentioned on the forum that they are no longer involved; so perhaps this is only a confirmation of such?

AoD

The 55-storey tower at Bay Street and Yorkville Avenue will house 103 private residences above a 253-room hotel, while a second 25-storey tower will include 101 private residences.

hmmm...it seems to have gained an additional 5 storeys?

Mr. Clewes, who designed the recently constructed 18 Yorkville, the condo towers directly east of the new building, said the Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences will illuminate the block with an exterior that "celebrates glass."

The deliberately transparent building will have a taut and slick glass "skin," held together by a cladding that cannot easily be seen, he said.

Sounds to me like they'd be using low-iron glass. Could anyone confirm that suspicion?

AoD

Over at SSC people are saying that the $16 million penthouse for this one has already sold...to a local buyer no less. I think the four seasons website is quite elegant as well, but I still think Shangri-la's marketing effort so far has been second to none. I can confidently say that both the Four seasons development and Shangri-La will move to the construction phase fairly quickly. Heck, we might even see shovels in the groung before Trump (sorry couldn't help take a jab at T-cubed).

I worry about this deliberately transparent business. People in condos don't want everybody outside seeing them. We could wind up with a mish-mash of curtains and blinds which won't be very attractive.

I worry about this deliberately transparent business. People in condos don't want everybody outside seeing them. We could wind up with a mish-mash of curtains and blinds which won't be very attractive.

Lets all hope they thought of that.

Many buildings have rules about the colour of curtains being uniform.

Yeah apparently three of the penthouses have sold already?

On SSC I suggested Four Seasons ask for an increase to 70 storeys :)

Back