Toronto Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences Toronto | 203.9m | 52s | Lifetime | a—A

Hi, Anyone know when 4 Seasons is to be ready for move in? When hotel actually opens up? Or any planned schedule updates? Thanks.

Some Four Seasons today:

6107548612_7c88a4c4c1_b.jpg

Nice pic steveve. I often wonder why they didn't put the tower at the north end of the site. With the prices they're asking for these units, one would think they would want residents to have a decent view in the future. It's almost guaranteed that the properties immediately south (parking garage & 10 storey bldg) would be redeveloped. The parking garage was recently sold to a developer and the 10 storey bldg is managed by Canderel (don't know if they own it). If the hotel/condo was put at the northwest corner of the site, views would be mostly intact. Maybe they don't think like that and just build in a vacuum or maybe there were problems with shadowing on Jesse Ketchum school.

shadowing for sure was a problem with the 2nd tower, and i'm sure it had some effect on tower 1... but placing the tower exactly at the corner of Bay/Yorkville doesn't hurt either. whereas at the north end of the site, Bay/Scollard (which doesn't sound as nice as Yorkville) :D.. that's just speculation on my part, i could be entirely wrong,

Yes, it was shadowing issues with the school that dictated the location. The views from the building are fine - I'm not sure what the perceived problem is. Condo units don;t start until the 21st floor, BTW.

Yes, it was shadowing issues with the school that dictated the location. The views from the building are fine - I'm not sure what the perceived problem is. Condo units don;t start until the 21st floor, BTW.

i think he's referring to the fact that someone just bought the parking garage next door, and considering the price tag, something tall could be one its way...

Too bad the hotel wasnt open in time for Toronto Film Fest. That would have been an epic opening. Get a screening in their and VIP party. Start off with a Bang

Too bad the hotel wasnt open in time for Toronto Film Fest. That would have been an epic opening. Get a screening in their and VIP party. Start off with a Bang

yeah... i know, just in time for TIFF, because Yorkville/Entertainment district are the 2 main hotspots for it...

2012 is gonna be a HUGE year for the five star hotel openings.
In order for opening:
1. Trump
2. Four Seasons
3. Shangri-la

My guess is that the panels for the 'crown' are far too big to fit in the skip hoist.

The panels were never loaded in the skip, they were skidded and hoisted by the crane to the floors.

The crane is being used to install glass panels, steel on the north and south elevations and mechanical/electrical units.

Back