Toronto Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences Toronto | 203.9m | 52s | Lifetime | a—A

Re: Yorkville construction

Thanks for the link.
I'm just confused, knowing the size of parking lot.
I assume condo will be on the same location.
I've noticed on that link great retail stores are coming with this project too.
Would they be along Yorkville Avenue?

I'm a little confused about the angle this picture is taken from. Is it facing west and taken from 18 Yorkville?

Actually my question was for 100 Yorkville.
On the one parking lot they'll build townhouses and condo?
What about retail stores?

TOunlimited, check out the site for the project. Its all explained there.

The townhomes go behind 100 Yorkville (Mount Sinai building) fronting onto Scollard. The Mount Sinai Building (100 Yorkville) will be part of an 8 storey condo. The second site at Bellair (80 Yorkville) will have the 17 storey condo. All retail will face Yorkville and be part of both the 100 Yorkville and 80 Yorkville properties.

Demo has started on the 80 Yorkville and townhome sites. Same company doing the Four Seasons work.

www.100yorkville.com/condo_siteplan.htm

JG

Wait a minute. That image looks like it is of construction and not demolition. If that is 100 Yorkville why is this a four seasons thread? Or IS that a parking lot being demo'd and I just can't wrap my brain around it?

nassau:

The brick building in the foreground (at the bottom of the pic) under demolition is the future site of Four Seasons.

AoD

the car dealership is so close to the fire station, it will be very interesting to see how they do the demolition without damaging the fire station.

Hazelton seem to take forever to built.
Originally it was supposed to be finished in 2006.
Does anyone know current completion date?

Hazelton completion is set for the spring. It is topped out now.

They are using some good materials there. They even cover up sections of the stone after installed to prevent it from getting damaged during construction. First time I've seen them do that on a site. The brick work at grade is looking pretty good.

As for the Four Seasons, taking down the dealership shouldn't be too big of an issue for the firehall. It is close but they should be able to start from the other side and the building would naturally collapse towards the interior. It also directly faces 21 Scollard.

The demo crew is good. They are recycling materials from the site so this isn't your standard tear it down and walk away operation.

JG

"the demo crew is good.They are recycling materials from the site "JG

yeah im glad most developers are doing that,very efficient.

So, what's the plan with Four Seasons?
Are they building Sales center on the site or they are starting construction right away?

Demo complete.

The piece of property is huge. I'll try and take a photo from ground level one day

They closed off the sales center for 100 Yorkville. Looks like they will begin construction at that site too (already started on townhomes and 80 Yorkville pieces).

FS+July+16+2006.jpg

Back