Toronto Forma | 308m | 84s | Great Gulf | Gehry Partners

This will be gorgeous, albeit blocked out from a lot of classic skyline views by other developments. The view from the islands though will really benefit from this.

It's amazing how many people give this rendering a thumbs up. Can they create something different. Because this building is going to be seen from afar when completed ! And who knows if it's going to look good or bad! Like the complaints you hear today about the Aura Tower.
What do you mean here? Aura was always going to suck. Most of us knew that from the beginning.

This you?
Wow! This is a beautiful detailed antique looking development that's definitely needed and to belongs in Yorkville area! As seen in the little thumbnail photo up above.

Yep - Aura revealed its unfortunate warts a long time ago; no surprise then that people find it sorely lacking. Comparing Aura to this project only makes Aura that much more of a let-down.

The rendering on dream's Instagram feed looks different. Should we just ignore it?

View attachment 299258
Source

^ Our best look to date at the former design. Strange timing indeed 🤔

The latest renderings have certainly delivered. Now let's build it!

Some additional context:
50927433831_648531b99a_k.jpg

50926750793_ea5dd5d843_k.jpg

^ Our best look to date at the former design. Strange timing indeed 🤔

The latest renderings have certainly delivered. Now let's build it!

Some additional context:
Amazing work as always!

I do think you could probably change the north tower of CIBC Square to under construction in your visualizations now.

These look so gorgeous, I'm just sad they lost some height. While I am a height fanboy, it is not simply because I want to see height here, but rather no matter how striking these buildings are, there is and will be plenty of the same height and even taller around here.

Much like the CN Tower starkly stands out above everything else.

I wish this was at a height that it would remain substantially above everything else around it for a foreseeable amount of time and be a true focal point of the toronto skyline.

350m would never have happened but it would have been amazing.

Yay some new renders to play with! ;) I took the back end rendering and placed it more realistically. The view corridor down McCaul Street is gonna really transform. This new design has been growing on me, somehow this design really feels like it compliments the Alsop Tabletop.

(Background from Google streetview, Building renders via Frank Gehry & Associates)

View attachment 299241
From this view, i just realized that we'll be loosing a good view point of the CN tower from this angle forever.

As excited as I am by this development, it feels like the boy who cried wolf. Media articles, press releases, and photo ops over the years, but nothing seems to actually be happening especially when the design keeps changing so drastically at every turn, after every "announcement".

Forgive me if I've lost faith and say, wake me up when actual work happens.
It's also because how massive these towers will be. Especially now with the pandemic, these towers could be hard to sell. Even the pricing might change peoples minds about buying into this because from the looks of the materials being used for this project, I'm pretty sure these won't be anywhere near affordable and will be in the million dollar+ penthouse suite range.

Especially now with the pandemic, these towers could be hard to sell.
I believe that's why they're opening sales in 2022 instead of this year...as it is hoped that most of the pandemic dust has settled by then so we can all move on as a civilization.

Last edited:
I believe that's why they're opening sales in 2022 instead of this year...as it is hoped that most of the pandemic dust has settled by then so we can all move on as a civilization.
Haha, looking back at the last 10 years and some of the though times we have faced although not Corona, I'm still going to say this thing will sell like HOT CAKES☺️

Interesting building. The surfaces will be unique in Toronto. I wonder what the reflections will look like at noon in the summer? Hopefully not blinding to other towers nearby. I wonder if the envelope materials will inspire other buildings.

At this height, do builders put in dampening mechanisms to counter wind swaying???

big and shiny, i'm just pretty let down by the warmth lost from the previous design. a whole lotta grey here

At this height, do builders put in dampening mechanisms to counter wind swaying???

It's certainly more common with taller buildings, but also in shorter buildings that are designed to be slender, like YC Condos, which has a unique structural dampening system.
The One and 1200 Bay Street are recent examples of designs that feature dampeners.

Back