Toronto Forma | 308m | 84s | Great Gulf | Gehry Partners

Maybe I'm the only one (because I'm often beyond my depth here), but I'm having a difficult time picturing the buildings from these models. The exterior all looks very shiny and washed out.

When it's built, what would you expect the cladding to look like? Is there another building I could look at as a comparable?

Maybe I'm the only one (because I'm often beyond my depth here), but I'm having a difficult time picturing the buildings from these models. The exterior all looks very shiny and washed out.

When it's built, what would you expect the cladding to look like? Is there another building I could look at as a comparable?

For the metallic cladding, see 8 Spruce

AoD

That's great, thanks. So that's the cladding for the bulk of the east building and that shorter building that looks like it's growing out of the west one? In the model at least, the west building looks different. Is that glass?

That is more or less what one can expect - the precise look will have to wait until we have a better idea what the metal cladding is like. And yes - both buildings are clad in glass in the N (or S) facade.

AoD

There’s either a Sasquatch or a member of the Toronto Raptors, judging by the size, maybe Jonas Valenciunas. Personally, I lean towards the idea of a Sasquatch.
I ran the render through a CSI Miami filter, and it's worse than a Sasquatch, much worse:

RoFo.jpg

respect the deceased.
Way to be a Debbie Downer and ruin a perfectly funny joke...
As per your weird statement, shouldn't the deceased have earned the respect in the first place? Do you apply the same logic to the likes of Bin Laden and Hitler? This is just a rhetoric question, by the way, no need to derail the thread discussing the finer points of what it means to be respectfully deceased.

Here is a great video summary on8 Spruce.

It goes without saying but I’ll say it anyway. These towers are going to completely redefine Toronto’s waterfront skyline. Appearing behind the CN Tower, they’re going to be as much a part of Toronto’s face to the world as the SkyDome was when it joined.

To those who’ve seen 8 Spruce with their own eyes, note that it’s substantially smaller (265m) on a skyline that is full of taller buildings. Toronto will have TWO of them and they’ll be the tallest buildings other than the CN Tower. Holy cow.

Back