Toronto Forma | 308m | 84s | Great Gulf | Gehry Partners

The documents amount to a very long list of minor tweaks that have been made to the plans to satisfy various City departments associated with the approvals. It's obviously moving forward more slowly than anyone would prefer, but it's a big step closer to reality now with this filing.

Slowly but surely it will happen one day.
I am really glad that they are working on the project seriously .
But,isn't the project already approved.I dont understand totally the purpose of the documents posted today .
Thank you in advance someone for some clarifications.

The documents amount to a very long list of minor tweaks that have been made to the plans to satisfy various City departments associated with the approvals. It's obviously moving forward more slowly than anyone would prefer, but it's a big step closer to reality now with this filing.

It's two 90ish storey towers with over 1000 units each. Sure, you need the city's permission to build but, that doesn't make this a big step. It's just some forward progress. At this continued pace, it'll miss the market.

Miss the condo boom. It's been 3 years of tweaking after the settlement has been reached. That's a sssssslllllloooooooowwwwww pace.

I don't think they'll be missing anything.
Well, yeah, it's contingent on the slow pace continuing. That's not likely to happen. It's either going to accelerate or stall. A lot of that depends on how serious Projectcore is with completing this project. The public processes so far doesn't favour that they are all that serious about getting these towers built.

Last edited by a moderator:
People, there are projects of smaller scales that were proposed in 2010 and before, and still pending for construction (eg. TUX condos)...
Or projects that were first talked about in 2008 of which are finally under construction (King Blue Condos).
This thread was started in 2013, so it is not unnatural, given the record of buildings on this forum, that it didn't break ground a mere 4 years after the initial proposal. It will get built just not tomorrow; we are continuously seeing indications that it is moving forward so we all need to chill out.

Last edited:
Well, yeah, it's contingent on the slow pace continuing. That's not likely to happen. It's either going to accelerate or stall. A lot of that depends on how serious Projectcore is with completing this project. The public processes so far doesn't favour that they are all that serious about getting these towers built.
I let a lot of your doom and gloom slide by, but I can't stop myself this time: you're being the definition of glass-half-empty on this one. Even though, yes, this is moving slowly, they've just spent a ton of time working out a very complicated pair of buildings down to the tiniest detail, and made a few hundred technical changes for the sake of the Site Plan Application… and you're wondering if they're serious about completing this? With the amount of work that is now in evidence on the city's Application Information Centre website, they're very, very serious.

This thread was started in 2013, so it is not unnatural, given the record of buildings on this forum, that it didn't break ground a mere 4 years after the initial proposal. It will get built just not tomorrow; we are continuously seeing indications that it is moving forward so we all need to chill out.

2012 and exactly 5 years, but I hear ya.

Back