Toronto Forma | 308m | 84s | Great Gulf | Gehry Partners

One Yonge and 55 Lake shore are larger developments with taller towers. Mirvish isn't a developer. (I understand the line has been blurred in recent years) See his Projectcore portfolio. He invested in a development, namely Stinson Properties' One King West and assembled the King Blue site to flip. I know you're all into this project and will cling to any excuse. It was always a hair brained idea that had a low chance of finding the resources to get it built. The good thing for Mirvish is he doesn't need to build it. One Bloor West would be the same if it was any other property in the city. "Location. Location. Location." I still wouldn't keep my hopes up for a 300 metre condo tower. Unlike Mirvish, Mizrahi only has so long to do something with the site. We won't have to wait very long to see what happens.

Mirvish Gehry project is featured in a BNN article.
The article talk about bank pulling back from construction loans.
Thus is why i think we don't have much news from the developer.
It's because they don't still have the financing to take it to the next level.
I am worry that bank refuse to loan them money .
This is the link of the article.
http://www.bnn.ca/banks-pulling-back-on-toronto-construction-loans-chief-planner-1.672816

To be clear, this article does not say anything specific. In it Keesmaat says, “However, it has now been 'sitting' for three years, as the developer is trying to pull together the builder and the funding to make it a reality.” That's not really much information to make assumptions.

I know you're all into this project and will cling to any excuse. It was always a hair brained idea that had a low chance of finding the resources to get it built. The good thing for Mirvish is he doesn't need to build it.

Well I have to admire you, you're all-in on your view. You're either the most insightful person around, or utterly naive. We'll know soon enough.

Last edited:
I was trying to say that M&G, I Bloor West are the tallest proposals out there and they have been proposed by non-established developers. The established developers have not been as active in proposing supertalls. Anyway, not a major point.

One Yonge and 55 Lake shore are larger developments with taller towers.

Buildings in the ballpark of M+G's height, as per The 120m List.

9ndv5a2.png

Well I have to admire you, you're all-in on your view. You're either the most insightful person around, or utterly naive. We'll know soon enough.

Talk about "all in" perspectives. Most insightful if it plays out as I predicted or utterly naive if it does not.

My posts have expressed my understanding of the monumental challenge to build to that height.

Height isn't the only thing that matters to me. That doesn't mean I don't appreciate or desire well crafted tall buildings. It is something to be respected and not just admired. Admiration is fleeting. I've already seen my share of posts regarding 300 metres as "short" because it no longer lands in the top 100 tallest towers in the world.

Do we have a better source than Jennifer Keesmaat? Reading that BNN article again I realize that this is all just anecdotal evidence provided by Keesmaat. Is there a link to a bank or industry source that can provide numbers and reliable information?

Buildings in the ballpark of M+G's height, as per The 120m List.

9ndv5a2.png
I continue to maintain this is surreal - no tall towers Under Construction. We can add the new proposal at Yonge & Gerrard, and probably Cumberland Terrace shortly. M&G haven't said a word in nearly 1/2 a year. This is starting to look like a big joke and tremendously discouraging.

This building will be iconic imo.
I continue to maintain this is surreal - no tall towers Under Construction. We can add the new proposal at Yonge & Gerrard, and probably Cumberland Terrace shortly. M&G haven't said a word in nearly 1/2 a year. This is starting to look like a big joke and tremendously discouraging.
Why are there non tall towers being built? We need another super tall anyway.

Frank Gehry turned 88 this past Tuesday. I don't know if he will live long enough to see this project completed or even begin construction.

It takes time. Most are relatively new. I think Mirvish Gehry is the only taller project than Harbour Plaza Residences that has had the zoning approved and definitely the only one that has had ample time to get the development's site plan application rubber stamped. Keep trying though.

It takes time. Most are relatively new. I think Mirvish Gehry is the only taller project than Harbour Plaza Residences that has had the zoning approved and definitely the only one that has had ample time to get the development's site plan application rubber stamped. Keep trying though.

Good point, it's true only M&G has been approved for a while. Will try to stay positive.

My thoughts exactly. I'd rather have no supertall proposal at all than a whole bunch that seem to never get built.

Back