Toronto Forêt | 139.26m | 41s | Canderel | BDP Quadrangle

Will be interesting how (or if) they can provide a better connection from the corner to St Clair West station.

Ed is correct. This isn't part of the plan. It's too far and crosses too much of the Loblaws property, not to mention the issues with the first level below grade (bus / streetcar level).

With Loblaws' new focus on maximizing development potential of their real estate portfolio, that store/site seems like a prime one for further densification, and it'll be all the more obvious once this project is done.

yes... loblaws is on the clock. in regards to this area what happened to the avenue study. It sure seems that flew out the window. Which I think it should so close to a subway station. That said there seems to be a lack of condos being proposed for the Eglinton LRT route. For instance at Bathurst there are some developments proposed but way less floors than 30.

Eglinton has quite a bit going on. Remember as well that the LRT is still 4 years out.. a development that starts construction today will still open before the subway. Proposals will come.

I seem to recall reading, back in the day, some reference that intensification of the site would be difficult/limited because Loblaws is perched right on top of the station.

I seem to recall reading, back in the day, some reference that intensification of the site would be difficult/limited because Loblaws is perched right on top of the station.
Judging by the tunnel entrance/exits, I think you could quite easily build a tower where the Joe Fresh is and barely touch the existing store (which they renovated in the last couple of years).
Loblaws st clair.jpg

Attachments

• Loblaws st clair.jpg
    Loblaws st clair.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 1,334

Every site's different, of course, but there are lots of current, under-construction, and planned examples of building atop subway lines.

Oh for sure, I was being sarcastic because of the inevitable outcry when it's temporarily disturbed.
Considering this is the neighbourhood where people drive around the block to park at Spadina and Lonsdale to grab a Starbucks coffee, I would not be remotely surprised to hear about that parking lot in the news one day.

Open House PIC
Date: Wednesday, March 7, 2018
Time: 7pm
Venue: St. Michael's College School

Anyone know if this is condo or rental?

Edit: Found my answer in the January 2018 document. Rental.

The application proposes three 30-storey buildings connected by a 7-storey, S-shaped base building. The east and west tower buildings sit closer to St. Clair Avenue West while the central building is set back significantly from St. Clair Avenue West. The three tower buildings would contain a total of 944 residential units, and are proposed to be rental. Also proposed is a public park of 831m2, located between the central and east buildings.

Last edited:

Back