Markham Fontana | ?m | 16s | H&W | P + S / IBI

03 November 2013:

uTAyfBI.jpg

olYvpwZ.jpg

d9ftyOf.jpg

o5qOfy8.jpg

have they finally started construction of the Viva Busway along South Town Centre Boulevard?

also of note that I found interesting, I was reading somewhere the other day that Markham has more housing units under construction than any other suburban municipality.. probably largely owed to their large condo market.

have they finally started construction of the Viva Busway along South Town Centre Boulevard?

also of note that I found interesting, I was reading somewhere the other day that Markham has more housing units under construction than any other suburban municipality.. probably largely owed to their large condo market.

I doubt it, MCC would (and does have more) but there are many housing developments in markham that likely contribute a large amount.

Great photos! I kind of forget about this one.

Markham is crazy right now. Even traditionally cheaper areas like Cornell are now seeing bidding wars for all types of lowrise housing, which would have been unusual even a year ago outside of the prime areas. Meanwhile, all the remaining lowrise projects (mostly towns these days) are building as quickly as they can to keep up. The boom in condos hasn't really seemed to do much to offset this lowrise shortage. I think the highrise sector will slow down, at least for a while. Between all the condos being built in Markham Centre and along major routes like Markham Road, I wonder how much supply is really needed, especially if it's 1-bedrooms which wouldn't serve as a substitute for those priced out of the lowrise market. Employment is strong locally, so there is definitely a stronger market in Markham for smaller units than in most suburbs, but that only goes so far.

really? is it that crazy? I can't believe that there's that much demand... and what are these prime areas? is Cornell really that bad? please enlighten me... maybe I should consider selling... :)

Do you read the "TO solds" emails? That will give you details on what is selling for how much: http://tosolds.ca/?cat=3

Cornell isn't bad at all! It's just been traditionally cheaper since there's a lot of supply and it's so far to the east. Unionville has always been considered "prime" as have parts of Thornhill and Markham Village.

Last edited:

Back