Toronto FlyOver Canada | 25.02m | 4s | CLC | Sturgess

Any word on when construction will start for this - and supposedly address the fountain issue :)

Any word on when construction will start for this - and supposedly address the fountain issue :)

NOAC is issued (2nd last step of Planning Approvals; final step 'Statement of Approval' still pending.

Building Permits were applied for in 2020, except for the permit to demo stairs, none are yet issued.

During Blue Jays and major big concert summer seasons fans using stairs, going into Rogers Centre. After the season ends during fall and winter months it will demo the stairs in Fall 2024 and construction will start in Winter 2025

I think you got the dates wrong. You mean Fall 2023, and Winter 2024.

I believe construction on this project is going to start this fall.

Is this project happening. Does anybody have more information about this project. What Is going on? This project should have started by now.
What is wrong with this city.

Is this project happening. Does anybody have more information about this project. What Is going on? This project should have started by now.
What is wrong with this city.

Question (missing question mark)
Second Question (missing question mark)
Third Question, with a question mark.
Declarative Statement
Fourth Question, again missing question mark, with an implicit declarative statement.

Breathe!

Most us here have day jobs; I find frankly way too much time to update way too many threads..............

So do many others.

If there were critical information, which we were aware of...........UT would know, there would have been a thread update.

You can check the status of the Planning Application yourself by clicking on the link on the 1st page of this thread.

You can check on the Building Permit Status here:

Because I'm a sweet guy............usually, LOL

Here you go:

1699042612563.png

The Site Plan folder can't be accessed in the AIC, I will infer that it has its SPA, absent any conflicting info.

All permits except for 'New Building' are issuance pending. Which generally means, pay your fees and the permits are yours.

The New Building permit still shows an outstanding notice.

And people wonder why, so many people are leaving Toronto. We are driving businesses and investment away. The city of Toronto has some of the worst permitting and planning staff in the entire world. The amount of time it takes for one building to go from proposal to construction is a disgrace. This project was announced in 2019 and in 2023 it is not even under construction. Thanks to planners making over 100,000 dollars, spending years to approve one project.
People wonder why there is a housing crisis in Canada, they like to blame the Feds, when the real problem rests with municipalities like Toronto.
The answer is to fire the city planners responsible for issuing building permits and let computers to their jobs. You get faster approvals and saves
having to pay these bums 100,000 dollars a year.

You're not really adding to the conversation and I don't see any evidence of your claims. My experience with plans examiners are that they're overworked and deal with an immense amount of regulation and oversight. Things could be improved for sure, but be constructive perhaps.

And people wonder why, so many people are leaving Toronto. We are driving businesses and investment away. The city of Toronto has some of the worst permitting and planning staff in the entire world. The amount of time it takes for one building to go from proposal to construction is a disgrace. This project was announced in 2019 and in 2023 it is not even under construction. Thanks to planners making over 100,000 dollars, spending years to approve one project.
People wonder why there is a housing crisis in Canada, they like to blame the Feds, when the real problem rests with municipalities like Toronto.
The answer is to fire the city planners responsible for issuing building permits and let computers to their jobs. You get faster approvals and saves

The above statement is extreme in nature, and contains multiple inaccuracies.

You demonstrate not only impatience, but a very poor understanding of how things work.

Also, you're welcome for the update; I appreciate your gratitude.

The above statement is extreme in nature, and contains multiple inaccuracies.

You demonstrate not only impatience, but a very poor understanding of how things work.

Also, you're welcome for the update; I appreciate your gratitude.

I appreciated it :)

Only selfishly in the sense that this project is claimed to be the one delaying the required repairs for the salmon run fountain

Man, I love to crap on "The City" when it's justified as much as anyone, but I try my hardest to keep my vitriol reasonable. This post is full on hyperbole! 🤣

Things have to change in the city of Toronto. The time has come to give these planners jobs to computers. If we want to be the global city we inspire to be, we have to digitize our entire planning department. Here we have a private company willing to invest their private money on a project-without asking for any public money, and we drive them away with how long our approval process is. It is a disgrace. Any other city would laugh at us.
The answer is stop paying these planners 100, 000 dollars a year and give their jobs to computers.

I am sure these planners are wonderful people. But things have to change. We are losing out on investments, with how long our approval process is.

Back