Toronto Five St Joseph | 160.93m | 48s | Five St. Joseph | Hariri Pontarini

There's nothing cheap-looking about this building. It's among the best clad new condo towers in the city, along with One Bloor and King Charlotte.

I walk by this quite often, and the mere fact someone can use 'cheep' in the sentence as this development just shocks me ... seriously you clearly have no idea what cheap means ... if you want to argue it's plain and boring, fine I'll by that, I can see that argument (even though its not complete) ..

I think that this building is going to turn out great. I don\'t see cheap when I look at it especially from the ground level.

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    429.1 KB · Views: 1,462
I walk by this quite often, and the mere fact someone can use 'cheep' in the sentence as this development just shocks me ... seriously you clearly have no idea what cheap means ... if you want to argue it's plain and boring, fine I'll by that, I can see that argument (even though its not complete) ..

I didn't use "cheap" in my description of the building. Nor I see anyone specifically referred to this building as cheap. Either way, we all have the right to an opinion. My opinion, that there are much better designed buildings in Toronto. Of course, this is not a horrible building, and we have seen much worse.

Last edited:
What I think sometimes cheapens the look of a building's facade is the colored transparent glazed windows . It allows you to view what's inside a building adding too much clutter to the look of the facade. A good example is the Delta hotel .It was looking sharp with it's blue and white speckled cladding until they hung the white drapes creating the cluttered look. They should use dark drapes that harmonizes with the cladding . I think that should be the norm for all transparent windows. That's why I think 5 st Joseph will stand out , solid dark glazed windows.

This roof is looking very different than I expected. The renderings didn't show a slope on the roof like this. There was a peak along the front (Yonge Street side) but not the whole roof. Did they change the original design or will it only look like that temporarily, because of the building materials?

This roof is looking very different than I expected. The renderings didn't show a slope on the roof like this. There was a peak along the front (Yonge Street side) but not the whole roof. Did they change the original design or will it only look like that temporarily, because of the building materials?

Likely changed it when they added more floors

I like the angle tilt of the roof top .It adds a little more height to the building making it look 50 storeys high. Soon there will be another similar building down the street at 75 storeys with an angled roof top to gaze at .

I'll have to wait and see what it looks like when it's completed, but I'm having a hard time picturing how this roofline is going to work. I find the sharp, straight angle of the roof to be strange given that the balconies have a more gentle undulating effect to them.

Back