Toronto First Canadian Place Rejuvenation | 298.08m | 72s | Brookfield | MdeAS Architects

Well anyone certain of what material they will use to re clad the building.

More Marble or will it be Glass??

Everyone take note of how quickly this got started, also take note that this is not a government project. Connection maybe?

Funny, as I didn't notice that nor was I shooting the tower as the main subject. I just crop that section for better view.

How about some colour bands either at the same floor levels all around the building or stagger from side to side??

I do have all sides shot as before as well other angles and lets see how it will turn out from the before shots.

IMG_16687a.JPG

Last edited:
Well anyone certain of what material they will use to re clad the building.

More Marble or will it be Glass??

Mandeep - please read the thread! The answer is all over the last few of pages.

Everyone take note of how quickly this got started, also take note that this is not a government project. Connection maybe?

Yours is post number 381, and this thread started on the 12th of December, 2007... so you think it has been all that fast?

Yes compared to 10 Dundas East

Compared to 10 Dundas East, a project where government was heavily involved, this is moving at a blistering pace.

What did the government do at 10 Dundas East other than expropriate the land, which it did very quickly?

How can anyone compare a reclad to construction of a new building?

10 dundas didn't even take that long considering the scope of the commercial building and Penequity's inequity.

I assume this Vandelay guy's joking. Seriously using 10 Dundas East as an example of a typical government-involved build in this city instantly destroys the credibility of the arguer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkric88

Yours is post number 381, and this thread started on the 12th of December, 2007... so you think it has been all that fast?

How many years since they started to replace the existing panels? At least 5 if not more. This hasn't moved very fast at all.

What did the government do at 10 Dundas East other than expropriate the land, which it did very quickly?

The entire idea for this project originated with the municipality as a means to stimulate development in an area where the private sector was not interested in putting their money. Admittedly it has been somewhat successful (I have been less critical than some) but it has taken an extraordinarily long time to complete. After more than a decade to construct it is unfinished, poorly executed and now financially insolvent. The city enticed the private sector into a project it would not have taken on without government involvement. The results speak for themselves.

And yes the city was very quick at destroying a strip of small independent businesses.

Wasn't there supposed to be a press release announcing this project today? Did I miss it?

Back