Toronto First Canadian Place Rejuvenation | 298.08m | 72s | Brookfield | MdeAS Architects

At which point was it decided that no marble would remain? I recall when this was being planned that the podium would remain Carrera marble. I love what's being done. It looks like an entirely different building with the white glass. I'm just wondering when it was decided to go all glass and ditch the marble entirely.

I thought it was a lighting oversight until I came to this thread. It's not necessary and needs to go unless they are doing the entire roof-line with it, then I'm probably OK with it.

At which point was it decided that no marble would remain? I recall when this was being planned that the podium would remain Carrera marble. I love what's being done. It looks like an entirely different building with the white glass. I'm just wondering when it was decided to go all glass and ditch the marble entirely.

Marble is currently being installed between the ground floor windows of the tower.

7475837308_eb175283ed.jpg

7475843070_cd61f48d75.jpg

They opened up the roof of the podium so that you can stand in one of the corner indentations and look up all the way to the top. Just surprised that I haven't seen a photo of that posted yet.

They opened up the roof of the podium so that you can stand in one of the corner indentations and look up all the way to the top. Just surprised that I haven't seen a photo of that posted yet.

Thanks for the idea. It would look better on a less overcast day but this will do for now:

E8Lfj.jpg

Awesome shot, sMT.

With your eye for composition, all you need is an orange filter to give clouds and skylines a little more detail.

Back